Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Shiloh versus Pedersoli spare parts ???

Shiloh versus Pedersoli spare parts ???

Hi,

I have Shiloh Sharps in 45-70 and 45-90 ...

The firing pin block just broke in 2 parts .... /"%$"$/"$/

I try to contact Shiloh by mail and messenger many times this week.

I say that "somebody with Facebook" (Lucinda) looked at my messenger message without answering...

But ... no answer... at all...

The phone is always on "night hours" ... with some kind of msg...

NOW...

Can Pedersoli parts on VTIgun parts be used for my problem ???

Thank you

Gerald

Boolit Buddy

Go to their website shilohrifle.com in the forums post in the support section as they see this I assume every day. Let us know how it turns out. I doubt the Pedersoli parts would fit your rifle. A friend with a Pedersoli double shotgun has for a year now tried to get a lock tumbler that broke the first day of use with no luck so far. Standard answer Covid you know.

Boolit Master
    I also had a firing pin break in my Shiloh Sharps, but got my replacement pin from them with no trouble (this was pre-covid). They seem to think firing pins should be hardened until they are brittle as glass, so you might want to lay in extras when you are able to get an order in with them.

Boolit Mold
    you can try ss firearms out of nyc....i got one for an original that had to be filed to size.but worked nicely.....

Boolit Buddy
    You have to be carefull, not to attempt to open the action until the hammer is cocked part way to allow the firing pin to retract.
    If you don't, sooner or later you will break off the tip of the firing pin, this is true for all center fire Sharps rifles and carbines, no matter who made them.
    Pedersoli increased the diameter if their firing pins many years ago, to reduce firing pin tip breakage.

Vendor Sponsor

Gerald, one other option - kinda a back door option that might get notice is to use the Shiloh web-sight and forum and post your needs there without too much of the "they don't answer the phone" part. Not that it is wrong, but it will get better response in the initial post if you leave most of that part out. I bet Kirk will answer soon enough and Shiloh has a reputation of just addressing problems like this for free. Maybe sending you a FP or some other consumer friendly fix.
    Just a thought.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Buddy
    It sounds like he may be talking about the transfer bar instead of the firing pin itself. Post it on the Shiloh forum in the support section. You should receive a response in a few days if not in one day. You should keep a spare transfer bar, lever spring and firing pin at all times if you own a Shiloh. My lever spring gave out recently at a match and I had it changed out in time for the next relay.

Thank you everybody,

The post is about a "firing pin block" and not a broken firing pin.

I always keep 2-3 spare lever springs, ejectors and firing pins at all times.

But a firing pin block: I was not even thinking of that break !!!

Shiloh parts ... patience ... no answer ... patience ...

Gerald
    Last edited by Etienne Brule; 08-09-2021 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo error

I call it "percussion block" and it was broken in my Pedersoli Sharps too, this is one of the Sharps' weak points. It happens to the original Sharps sometimes too. I live in Italy and Pierangelo Pedersoli sent me a new one for free. Also the lever spring is a critical part, but as Etienne Brule said, it's better to have more spare parts like some ejectors and firing pins besides the ones mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    Gerald, one other option ...and Shiloh has a reputation of just addressing problems like this for free. Maybe sending you a FP or some other consumer friendly fix.
    Just a thought.
    Solved with Lucinda who warranted these items

Gerald

Boolit Master
    Excellent to hear Gerald. Was it in fact the transfer bar that broke? I know of a couple of people that have broken them over the years, both on a C. Sharps and a Shiloh. I have carry a spare one just in case.

One piece of info that might be useful in the future. The guy behind Boomers Molds, Leo Bumphrey, used to ( or perhaps still does? ) handle some of Shiloh's warranty work in Canada. He is a super nice guy and might be a source for spares like that.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunlaker View Post
    Excellent to hear Gerald. Was it in fact the transfer bar that broke? I know of a couple of people that have broken them over the years, both on a C. Sharps and a Shiloh. I have carry a spare one just in case.

One piece of info that might be useful in the future. The guy behind Boomers Molds, Leo Bumphrey, used to ( or perhaps still does? ) handle some of Shiloh's warranty work in Canada. He is a super nice guy and might be a source for spares like that.

Chris.
    Hi Chris.

The part that broke (after more than 10 years) was no 67 in:

https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/sh...ucts.asp?id=61

I am not sure that Leo is still in business: Some years ago, he came to Connaught for the Canadian Championships.

Gerald

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Etienne Brule View Post
    Solved with Lucinda who warranted these items

Gerald
    Thanks for reporting back it worked out. I am glad it did.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne Brule View Post
    Hi Chris.

The part that broke (after more than 10 years) was no 67 in:

https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/sh...ucts.asp?id=61

I am not sure that Leo is still in business: Some years ago, he came to Connaught for the Canadian Championships.

Gerald
    Yeah that is the transfer bar. As far as I know Leo has retired from the mold making business, but I thought maybe he might still be doing the warrantee stuff. Just a guess though. He came to Kamloops and shot with us. A super nice guy.

Chris.