Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Disaster

Boolit Bub

Disaster

I was out yesterday with the Uberti 1860 and just having a ball. I built up a lot of fouling and in trying to cycle the gun I must have broken the hammer hand.

I am up in Canada and getting parts can be a real bear. Are any of you guys familiar with any suppliers or smiths in Canada that might stock parts?

Are the parts from Pietta interchangeable with the parts for Uberti? I *think* I can get them from Taylor's... but that means long delivery times and possibly border hassles. Do any of you old hands know of any shortcuts?

Good shooting, fellas - and have a great weekend.

GLP

Boolit Master
    "I built up a lot of fouling and in trying to cycle the gun I must have broken the hammer hand" If I may, have you tore down to confirm, may be just the hand spring? If so, there is a pretty easy mod to eliminate. How many cylinders did you shoot? At any time did you hear a little voice?

Guy, I've read a broken hammer hand/spring can be replaced with an piece of hair pin, cut to the appropriate length and epoxied in place.

Guy, I've read a broken hammer hand/spring can be replaced with an piece of hair pin, cut to the appropriate length and epoxied in place. It's certainly cheaper and quicker than waiting for cross border red tape to clear.

Or convert it to Ruger style with a spring and plunger. Did that to one of my '51s and no more worries about broken hand springs.

Boolit Buddy
    I broke the hand on my Pietta a couple of years ago. Marstar Canada was backordered so I called Taylor. 6 week delivery. In the mean time I gas welded the broken one back together and filed it to fit. So I have a back up part.
    The Pietta hand looks different from the Uberti 1860. Can't really tell until I have it in my hands, and check it with the mike.
    Taylor is good to deal with. Just have to go through the border exporting BS stuff. That is what takes the time and there is nothing you can do about it.

The original Pietta part was brittle and frequently broke, hence Marstar being on backorder. The new parts were made much better and mine has lasted so far.
    So find a friend who can gas weld and fix it for now and order one. Exchange it out when does arrive. At least it will get you back on the firing line right away.

I think you live up west of me?
    Drop me a PM

https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/collections/uberti
    Attachment 286203