RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loading keith bullets, with My hand press.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    I went shooting today and tested the blue bullets. I shot them through the J frame, the sp101, and the 77357. This Combination is worth repeating so that's good!

I was fittin' to turn gunpowder into fireballs when I noticed to the right a gentleman had a labrador chronograph setup. I asked him if I could run the numbers, he allowed me to use his equipment! Thanks guy!

The model 60 is averaging almost 1,100 feet per second!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schreck5 View Post
    I use the NOE mouth expander dies too and they work so much better. I was having exactly the same trouble that you are before someone here, I forget who, turned me on to NOE.
    I've been looking at their website, I just haven't gotten around to call someone over there, figure it out which pieces I need. Looked like they had a couple different ones listed for 358 I don't want to buy the wrong tool, feel like a dummy.

How does it do differently that makes it great to use? I'm excited for an improvement, I dont like my brass to look like a tuba

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 358429 View Post
    You're right it is too much flare, it complicates seating and crimping. I'm using Lee dies and lee universal expander.

If I flare less during seating it will begin to crimp and scrape even with it backed out all the way. I'm just making do, where I am, with what I have. Do you have a recommendation of a die set for 357 Magnum that would be fantastic for loading these fat plain base bullets?

I'm currently seating and crimping in two separate steps. I'm okay with continuing to seat and crimp in separate steps.

The problem is with the Lee seater die. It has a sizing ring at the bottom that takes out your flare before you can seat. It works fine for jacketed boolits but for cast it's not so good. My Hornady seater die doesn't size the case and is what I use.

I still can't believe the velocity that I was getting from a 2 and 1/4 inch barrel snub. The bullet is heavier than 170 Grains.

As I watch Kid Vengeance I made 135 more. I like turning gunpowder into fireballs

Assembling more revolver and rifle ammo

I am glad it is cooling off outside, would like to do some casting, been raining all daymy casting spot in the sideyard is thoroughly soaked

These are the load I have settled on for my steel swinger and paper plate experiments. They feed easily from the rotary ruger box magazine if you cycle the bolt briskly and get about 1.1k fps from the magnum snub. Interesting that the velocity remains the same with a lighter bullet. The hollow points loaded with h110 shoot to the sights out to 15 yards.

Yup hold on tight that gun wants to dance.

I keep thinking maybe I should upgrade my reloading tools until I think about how much I like the powder dispenser mounted on this cedar stump

I am a big fan of these hand tools.

Until the sun comes out these pictures will have to suffice.

I want to see how these hollow points will perform on game, ballistics gel, or national geographics stacked deep in a box.

Also continuing the 38 special experiments with hitek and imr4227

Banned

My go to bullet in 357, 41 mag, 44 mag, 45 ar and 45 Colt!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123