MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol sight, are inexpensive lasers worth trying?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    This one was cheap, it works good but for how long I don't know. They are fun.
    My HD .300BO has a Burris FF3 and I like it a lot. Holler if you need this laserlazer thing.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Now that looks fun. Found it on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/EZshoot-Pisto...693882&sr=8-35

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsm180 View Post
    Now that looks fun. Found it on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/EZshoot-Pisto...693882&sr=8-35
    I bought a cheap thing like that for a Sub-2000. It was fun...for a while...a short while. Eats batteries and then one day it will stop working. Hopefully it stops working when you are at the range and plinking.
    Don Verna

tried the laser thing showed me how much shake I had pulling the trigger. tried a truglo red dot that was being closed out for <$40 on my 44mag SBH - true love - has held up so far with lots of recoil ! A small investment to try the waters of red dot sights which prompted me to purchase my XD/S mod.2 with crimson trace red dot !! I'm a believer now!
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Like the quality of so many other things, it's 'get what ya pay for'.

I tried a couple of borrowed lasers, and the only one I really liked was a crimson trace on a 1911.

I had a Tasco red dot on a Colt .22 pistol and Browning Buckmark for awhile, but actually got tighter groups with the open sights.
    The dot covered a larger and larger spot, covering more and more of the bullseye the farther away the target was.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    The red dots, some of those are 3MOA dots, lRger than crosshairs but I imagine very fast to aim!

In solving my computer problems I may have improved my sight fund, have to see how this works out. I still want to play with the laser and red dot things just for the experience, learning is good

I have a pair of Ruger Mk III 22/45's. And I was amazed at what even a cheap 50$ truglo 2.5 moa dot would do.

With very little practice you learn to use the muzzle flip after a shot. Ride it down. When the dot crosses the center of target pulse trigger and repeat.

With a little practice you can put 10 rounds into pop bottle cap at 21 feet without touching the sides. And you can do 10 rounds in about 6 or 7 seconds.

Lasers, sorry was not impressed. They have a place for those who CC and expect to use them in the dark.

But when I've seen them used at the range they try to get them right on target. Arm ends up swinging in bigger and bigger circles. Resulting in bigger and bigger groups. Not saying some can't use them effectively. Just saying from my experience most don't.

Red Dot, Don't dink around with it. Line up so as the muzzle comes down it tracks through the target. Don't try for perfect.
    Inside a 2" circle is fine. As soon as the dot tracks into position pulse the trigger and setup for the next.

If your tracking a touch left don't sweat it, take the best shot you can get and adjust.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    The red dots, some of those are 3MOA dots, lRger than crosshairs but I imagine very fast to aim!

In solving my computer problems I may have improved my sight fund, have to see how this works out. I still want to play with the laser and red dot things just for the experience, learning is good
    A lot of the speed game shooters use 8moa dots. It depends on what you want more... speed or precision. Scopes are accurate, but slow. 1moa dots provide decent accuracy a little faster. Sometimes it can be hard to track the dot in recoil and transitions. The big dots sacrifice accuracy for speed and ease of tracking. Pick your poison.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12