Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, July 14

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, July 14

Good morning all. What a great message today, just what I (we) need to hear. Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    When Temptation Calls

“Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.”
    —Psalm 119:11

I’m amazed sometimes at all the things we fill our minds with. For instance, some people know the names of every character in the Star Wars films along with all the plot twists. Others seem to know the scores of every professional baseball game that has been played in the last four decades.

As for me, I have in my memory banks the lyrics to songs I’ve heard years ago, including the theme song to The Flintstones. I don’t know when I consciously learned them, but I know them.

We have all kinds of data floating around in our minds, but do we know the Word of God? Do we know what verses deal with specific subjects and what the Bible says about certain topics?

In our own strength, we don’t have the power to resist temptation. That’s why we need to take time to memorize the Word of God.

When Jesus had been fasting for 40 days and nights in the wilderness, the devil came to Him and said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread” (Matthew 4:3 NKJV).

Yes, Jesus had the power to do that. No doubt He was hungry—hungry to the point of starvation, even.

But with His response, Jesus gave us an example to follow. He showed us how to deal with temptation. And He stood on ground that we, too, can stand on.

Jesus said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God’” (verse 4 NKJV).

He fought temptation with the Word of God.

It’s good to carry a Bible, of course, but the best place to carry the Word of God is in your heart. Memorize it so you can draw upon it when temptation comes knocking at your door. And indeed, temptation will come.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, Temptation is a daily thing for us to deal with scripturally by the word of God!

Agree. I've often wondered how we can see or hear some things one or a few times and these things remain with us. They come up in our thoughts again and again. Often, they are things we would rather not remember or think about.

The good stuff, however, can be far from our thoughts and memories.

I'm reminded of a child's song...'Be careful little eyes what you see...'

So many things, once seen, heard and said, are hard to put away and forget.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Great message today . Read his word .
    No turning back , No turning back !