Load DataWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Wtb swc boolits for 357 mag/max

Wtb swc boolits for 357 mag/max

Looking for 100 or so 158gn swc gc boolits to try in both my 357 mag and 357 max pistols. Wanting to try some before I buy a mold. I can lube and size but I would need gas checks to go with them if need be
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Boolit Master
    Just a little experience here. Most .357 Maxi's prefer a heavier bullet. 180 grn & up. Lighter bullets with hot, fast burning powders are why Bill Ruger got pizzed at folks who used that combo, and caused top strap flame cutting issues. Using heavier bullets, & slower burning powders is THE ticket for the Maxis.

One of the people who helped Ruger develop the .357 Maxi, along with another gentleman, designed a bullet a few years back just for the Maxi. It casts out at approximately 195 grns, and is super good. They did extensive testing with loads & accuracy. Powder coated, & shot at 100 yds for accuracy. Look into "David Bradshaw" & Lee Martin for info. Hint; Lee owns the single action forum. Extensive info there.
    I have a pair of these molds & can attest to their facts as true. That, and I own a "few" .357 Maximums, in revolvers & Contenders.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I would gladly send you 100 158gr SWC I also have some heavy bullets for the Max if interested I could send you some of those as well, PM me. Great info contender, many thanks!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!