Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, July 13

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, July 13

Good morning all. Today's devotion is just what's needed to jump-start this day. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    A Little Religion?

“He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross.”
    —Colossians 2:14–15

When people want to change, they might say, “Maybe I need a little religion.”

But “a little religion” isn’t going to help them. What they need is a whole lot of Jesus, not a little religion.

That’s because Jesus Christ dealt a decisive blow against the devil and his minions when He cried out from the cross of Calvary, “It is finished!” (John 19:30 NKJV).

I believe those words reverberated through the corridors of Hell and sent a shiver down the spine of every demon because they realized the stranglehold they had on humanity was broken.

During Jesus’s temptation in the wilderness, the Bible tells us that “the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, ‘All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me’” (Matthew 4:8–9 NKJV).

But Jesus told him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve’” (verse 10 NKJV).

In other words, “No, I am not giving in to that temptation. I’m going to go the cross. I’m going to bear the sin of the world, and I’m going to rise from the dead. And from the cross of Calvary, I’m going to say, ‘It is finished!’ You know what that means, and I know what that means.”

The Bible says that at Calvary, Jesus “disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross” (Colossians 2:14–15 NLT).

When you put your faith in Christ, you can be free of the power of sin and no longer have to live with the guilt. And best of all, you can know with complete assurance that when you die, you will go to Heaven.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Once I have fully repented and confessed my sins, they are nailed to the cross as our Lord was. I don't have to carry them any more.
    Their stain is washed away by the blood of the lamb. Ohh what a glorious gift, to be free of guilt. And it starts with humbling yourself, and fully repenting of all your sins.

Good one Pine Baron.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master

Amen to both.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, Jesus paid my debt in full!

Needed this reminder today, thanks bud!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Very good message today Pine Baron . One we should always remember .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Grand Master
    I have always been puzzled by this:

"During Jesus’s temptation in the wilderness, the Bible tells us that “the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, ‘All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me’” (Matthew 4:8–9 NKJV)."

It would indicate that Jesus the man had somehow lost touch with Jesus the Son of God. Surely the Son of God would have knows about all the kingdoms and that He was always the ultimate Lord of all Kings.

So how could Satan have tempted him to gain what He already had?
    Don Verna

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good question for the theology sub forum .
    No turning back , No turning back !