RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Texas where the GREAT REVIVAL is to start?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by brokeasajoke View Post
    Heard a story about a local major tree company's owner grandson went to a particular church. He has tattoo sleeves and doesn't look "churchy". A decon asked him to leave as he was not welcome there. Sad just sad. We have got to get away from our four and no more. All denominations are on the same team. We all need to come together and be The Church and show the love that Christ showed the world. Revival starts on our knees
    All denominations are on the same team???
    You mean like Baptist, Catholics, Mormons, Jews, Muslims, Buddhist?

Paul told the Galatians that the idea that they needed to believe on Christ and also be circumcised. (basically any type of works needed in addition to faith for salvation) was not only wrong but let that denomination be accursed.

His instruction was not to come together with them and be one big happy church

Galatians 1:6-9
    6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

All that being said, if that fella got the Nike for having tattoos that would be wrong.
    My guess is that there probably a little more to the story... like, was he there with his boyfriend or something along those lines.

Boolit Master
    dont know much about mega churches. but my own experience with local preachers is mixed. several years ago a local preacher came by with his son and wanted to dig ginseng off the mountain behind my house telling me the previous owner always let him. local ginseng usually sells for something like $600-$1000/lb. well i said o'k as long as we can split what you find, he didn't exactly like that but did do it. the digging got cut short because they lost the digging tool somewhere on the mountain and could not find it I got about 1/4lb from the digging. well several months later I was visiting with the elderly woman who sold me the property and asked her about all this. she said she never let anyone except her brother or children on the property to do anything. so that "preacher" flat out lied to me. last time I saw him was a few years ago at a neighbors thanksgiving dinner. the most religious person I know is the widow lady down the road and she refuses to go to the church on the other side of the mountain where they use rattlesnakes in the weekly service. the preachers wife got bit and died and preacher said she must not have loved Jesus with all her heart. but there are some good churches around that do good things. one of them puts together boxes of food every week and hands them out and delivers to old folks that cant get out. very good people doing very good things. every year or so someone will put up a big tent somewhere around town and have a 24 hour revival, pass the plate around then pack up the tent and be gone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123