RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, July 12

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, July 12

Good morning all. It's not a question of "if", but "when". Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, July 12, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    How to Win Spiritual Battles

“They have made God’s law their own, so they will never slip from his path.”
    —Psalm 37:31

Have you ever noticed that when the Bible talks about spiritual armor, only one piece is an offensive weapon? This armor includes the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteous, the shoes of the gospel of peace, and the helmet of salvation.

Then we have the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Now, a soldier in the first century wouldn’t fight his opponent with a helmet or his sandal, would he? No, he’d deflect blows with his shield, he’d take a hit with his breastplate, and he’d fight back with his sword.

In the spiritual battle, we fight back with an offensive weapon: the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. It means that we remind ourselves of the truth of what God has said.

Isn’t it amazing how an entire situation can be transformed by putting things into perspective? The Bible says, “How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word” (Psalm 119:9 NKJV).

For instance, the devil might whisper in your ear, “You’re worthless. God doesn’t love you. He wants to ruin your life.”

But you can reply, “You know what? That’s a lie, because it is written, ‘For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope’ (Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV).”

We respond with the Word of God. Jesus knew the Scriptures, and we need to know them as well. Are you memorizing God’s Word? Psalm 119 says, “Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You” (verse 11 NKJV).

And Psalm 37:31 tells us, “They have made God’s law their own, so they will never slip from his path” (NLT).

Fill your mind with God’s Word. And be ready to use it because it will give you the defense you will need in the hour of spiritual attack.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen & Thanks for the Word and Scripture this morning - God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen, A great spiritual truth to start the day!

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, in Ephesians even the sword is used for defense. There is no offense - it is not needed, Jesus won!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

USMC 77, USRA 79

awesome message
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    We use GOD's word daily to guide our lives . Best to know all you can , it does make a difference .
    No turning back , No turning back !