RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Wideners
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The one rifle you will never sell and why.

Boolit Buddy
    1894 trapper 30-30
    Marlin CB 45 Colt
    700 .30-'06

Boolit Buddy
    Marlin Mdl. 39 Carbine....bought it via mail order ( Klein's in Chicago) back in '64. Worked my behind off driving swathers (hay mowers) and D7 & D8 Cats prepping fields in the summer months to save for that and my first pickup truck.

Boolit Buddy

Model 721 Remington, in caliber .30Gov06. Nothing shoots better, and the action strength would make a bank vault blush with envy. The rifle itself is no frills, just "get the job done" tool, made in the era of wood and steel, hand fitted and meant to last a lifetime. Nothing better that I have found!

Boolit Master

I have a Remington Model 721 in .30-06 that will never leave home as long as I am alive. Also a Marlin 37A circa 1966, a Mini-Mauser in .223 made in Manchester, and a Remington rolling block in .43 Spanish. Of all my rifles, these are with me to the end. james

Boolit Master
    I have my grandpa's Winchester 88 284, it has to stay in the family.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

My Jan. 43 M-1 Rifle made by Springfield.

Why? It's capable of any task put before it.

Boolit Buddy
    mine would be a remington model 700 BDL in 30/06,i bought it in 1973. since then i have shot moose, bears,elk,mule deer,antelope,39 plus whitetails (public land) in 41 years. many were shot with cast boolits, and a few were Jword. it has been the most consistant rifle i have ever owned,i am very glad i got it before all the miss management took place and a wonderful company fell on its face. oh yeah i own other rifle brands...some good some not so good, when im serious the 700 BDL goes out the door with me.

My dads M 67 Winchester. He was not a guy lover or collector and this rifle was the only gun he ever owned. He bought it to shoot pests around the small farm, rats , possums, raccoons and feral cats.
    The gun is still in 90 % condition and it’s been mine since I was about 12 and I cherish it.
    I offered to give it to my only nephew some years ago and he wouldn’t take it, he will get it when I’m gone as he is the only blood relative to my father so I believe it should go to him.

Jedman

1978 Winchester 30-30….my wife bought it for me.

Boolit Bub
    My first gun that I received at Christmas from my grandparents at age six - Ithaca 49 22 rimfire. Still shoot it often. Next would be a Remington 700 BDL in 7mm Express. I worked for a retired couple doing odd jobs after school for $2.50 an hour. Every one I knew at the time had the '06, 308, 270, or 7 mag. I wanted something different and "7mm Express" just sounds cool! Even have some brass with that headstamp. It's also known as the 280 Remington and ironically I bought the gun for $280 at a sporting goods store going out of business sale.

Banned
    None of them. In years past I had to sell off my collection, twice. All because of a goofy ex. Never again. If I get too old to enjoy them then they go to my daughter, if the gooberment comes after them, then that's a different story.

But, sell them, never.

Ken

Boolit Master

Tough call! Probably (I say "probably") my Marlin 1894c .357 magnum carbine. Why? Well, it's versatility and handling qualities are huge reasons, but I think mostly that it's the way I felt when I first handled it at the LGS. That feeling just never goes away, it's there every time we go out to play! If it's possible to love an inanimate object, then I guess you could call it love! So much fun!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

I have a couple that were handed down from graddad when I was a teenager that I’ll never sell. Little stevens visual loader .22 pump,it was my first 22. Second would be Browning FN Auto5 12ga. Granddad bought it new in the early 60s,another is granddads 1911 in .38 super and lastly is my match shotgun. Granddad and I started building it when I was a teenager,sadly he passed before it was finished and I finished it about 10yrs ago. It’s built on a brownie a5 action,custom barrel machines for custom chokes granddad turned&milled. When I am able to get to my safe I’ll upload some pictures. We moved after my accident last year and I haven’t taken photos for the insurance yet so I need to do that asap.
    J.m Shrader

Boolit Buddy
    My dad's Stevens visible loader 22 I inherited.....still shoots just not very accurate...bore is rough. next would be my Marlin GG 45-70 followed by my C Sharps custom 45-2 7/8.
    Do I have a knife....Ive got my pants on don't I.

Boolit Master
    My sporterized 1903A3 Springfield. Bubba rescue after a buddy told me that they had a $95 price tag on it. Bought a new old stock Remington A3 4 groove barrel. Did the initial cleanup on the barrel in an old beaver pipe threading machine with split bushings so it didn't get chewed up with the jaws. Then hours of cleaning up the action with stones and silicon carbide paper. Gunsmith installed and headspaced the barrel, but was too busy to do the final polishing. My homemade polishing setup was used to polish everything. Back to the smith for D&T for a Lyman 57 steel rear sight and Redfield front. He blued it and did say I did a great job on all the metal. Stock that originally came with it was sanded and refinished. The gunsmith was George Beitzinger who had a shop on Atlantic Ave in Queens N.Y. George retired some years back after many years working for Griffin & Howe in NYC and his own shop. Frank

Living in deer and elk country one day while in a pawn shop of all places I spied a Browning X-bolt Medallion in 300 Win.Mag and was impressed by its condition so I bought it . Being an OCD reloader I was having trouble getting ammo to perform that wasn't just a hair too long to fit in the magazine . Seating the bullets deeper to fix affected accuracy turned out to be unacceptable for me . Ready to give up I read that Barnes bullets had a rep to regularly perform with deep setbacks from the lands . My first work up with 168 gr. TTSX bullets chronied at 3175 fps. and would consistantly put five rounds into a half dollar at 200 yds ... we're married now .

My faithful hunting friend: Remington 700 BDL Custom Deluxe cal. .338 win. mag.
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Mauser Type B Sporter which belonged to my grandfather. 9.3x64 Brenneke
    An Honest Man Keeps His Horse Saddled
    http://www.cardinalguns.com
    http://www.riflehunter.net

My favorite"custom" single shot carbine wouldn't bring much money, but it sure brings pleasure.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Winchester Model 70 in 30'06, pre-64 and dated 1948. It was my father's rifle. I asked him to take me deer hunting with him many times but I was always too young to tag along with him on these hunts. I was 10 years old when he passed to a heart attack. I finally got possession of it when I turned 21 and carried it a few times but was always concerned about causing damage to it, so it went into semi-retirement. Came the day when my doctor told me I had heart artery blockages. That convinced me to carry the rifle in the next year's season. Got a 8-point with that rifle and then fully retired it from the field. Every time I hunted with it I would silently "speak" to my father and dream that he was watching over me during "our" hunt. This one is destined to our son-in-law (and hopefully his son) to keep the family influence intact.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast