Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The one rifle you will never sell and why.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Ranger 22 rifle that was given to my grandfather for high school graduation in 1937 3 years later he went to drive a tank for uncle Sam .

I feel if some one gives me a gun it is a thing of honor and not mine to sale but be past on to some one that respects it .

Boolit Master
    A mint condition Marlin 39A rifle, made in the same yr as me, 1956. I only fire it on my birthday, and that’s coming up again in 2 weeks.

My Winchester 92 deluxe in 357 mag. Best rifle ever made IMHO. Accurate, reliable, and handy as heck.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Three Wurffleins … 2 in 38-55 and one in 22 Lr
    They just are not on the market and are a great falling block accurate rifles
    Second in line are my CPA 44 1/2 action rifle with 5 barrels, mutiple stocks all fitted with scopes, Unertle’s and other classics
    Regards
    John

Mine is a Remington Model 12, .22 that my grandfather gave me when I turned 12 yrs old. It was the first real gun I ever fired and he was my instructor. Lucky for me, my son is a gun guy (serious gun guy) and it will be in the family for a long time, and I have a grandson now as well.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    I have a cold dead fingers shotgun, a Remington 11-48 that was given to me by my uncle who was a Bataan to Corregidor survivor.

Boolit Master
    Grandads 1911 from WW1. Mom got it when he passed because she cut her teeth on it. I got it when she passed and will pass it on when the time comes.

An 1873 Winchester in 38-40. Perfect bore & complete (even has the dust cover). All original. Wood not cracked & fits perfectly.

I bought it in 1958 for $50.00 from a service station(Texaco)/tire(Firestone)/fishing tackle/gun shop/clothing store combined in Columbus, GA. I was 19 & paid for it $9.00/month on their Firestone credit plan.

That gun got me into casting. I still have the 2 Ideal 1 cav. molds & Lyman GH&I dies.
    Last edited by oldhenry; 07-12-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Boolit Master
    Staying with the family thing.

Dads pre64 model 70 in .270.
    Grandpas sporter enfield in .303 Brit
    Grandpas 336 in 30-30. It was still in the box when he passed away.

Non rifles.
    My wife's grandfathers combat commander.
    Great grandmothers shotgun i think it .44-.410. I need to load some shells up for it.

My Grandads Brno Mod 1 he got in Brazil in 1950 while working on a dam in Peru with MK
    My first shotgun an Ithaca Mod 66 single shot 12 ga.
    And all the rest because they go to my grandson.

Boolit Buddy
    Remington 788 in .243 - bought new by my father, used extensively by my grandfather, and given to me for my first deer hunt.
    also my Rem. 870, the first gun I bought.

Boolit Master
    Hand me downs. We have four that won't be sold until the wife and I are gone. The kids will sell them (they have no interest in guns).

The rest are tools. Used as such until they are not needed, then sold or traded.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_001.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	285994
    My Savage 1899 Carbine in .303 Savage will be the last to go. We have gone many miles together and while not a tack driver, it will shoot minute of whitetail with just about any boolit you care to fit in the case.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Mold
    Remington 141 in 30rem. Given to me by my grandfather about 1980.

Boolit Master
    Have to be my 25 year old Model Seven .308 scout rifle. Well used with a couple thousand rounds through it, it loves a 160 gr. gas checked .311 tumble lubed boolit over 17 of 2400. So easy to hit with.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

A Winchester model 67 that my Dad gave me about 60 years ago. I don't know where he got it but it was well used at the time. I have put thousands of rounds through it without any issues.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    A Winchester model 67 that my Dad gave me about 60 years ago. I don't know where he got it but it was well used at the time. I have put thousands of rounds through it without any issues.

A Winchester model 67 WAS going to be my forever rifle. My Dad and his two brothers bought it in the early thirties when it first came out(finger groove stock). It was the first 22 I shot. When they grew up and left home, the rifle was left hanging on a nail in the woodshed. I used it to whack woodchucks and blackbirds, LOTS of blackbirds around my grandmother's farm as I was growing up.

After my grandmother died, it went to the youngest brother. After he died, it migrated to my Dad.

All six of his grandsons and granddaughters learned how to shoot using that rifle.

The youngest grandson(when he was still a kid) stuck up his hand and asked Grampa if he could have the rifle when he was gone and Grampa agreed. He then told me that Pat was to get the Model 67 when he was gone.

It was the only thing that my Dad gave me specific instructions on as the executor of his estate.

15 years later my Dad passes away and I'm meeting(at a restaurant in front of the local Cabela's) with the lawyer(the youngest grandson) and what needs to be done to settle everything.

Pat makes the offhand comment that he had gone in to Cabela's looking for a Model 67 because he assumed I was just going to take it.

I told him that his Grandpa had given me instructions that he was to get it.

Thought I was going to have to pull him off the table, I thought he was going to jump up on it and start dancing.

Stole my rifle out from under me.

Rotten kid.

Crazier part of the story was 2 month later my brother-in-law(not the gun recipient's father) went rooting through the house looking for it, couldn't find it so had my sister complain to my mother that I had taken it. Like he had any claim to it.

She got my mother all worked up about me "stealing" from her house. I got a royal chewing from my mother about it even though shortly after dad had died my mother told me to dispose of the guns as I saw fit.

That rifle is exactly where it is supposed to be.

And I don't have much contact with the sister and b-i-l.

And I had to buy my own Model 67.

Rotten kid.
    Last edited by 15meter; 07-15-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Banned

Something that's not really valuable but it is to me. It actually belongs to my son and if he decides to let it go it will come to me. My dad left it to my son because it originally belonged to my grandpa and my son is named after him.
    It's a Savage Model 29B pump action .22 caliber rifle, I had to replace a couple parts at first but it shoots sweet now. The story is my grandpa once shot a guy with it, not fatally. He shot at my grandpa with a .410 shotgun so my grandpa returned the favor. He shot the guy 7 times and then went into town and told the sheriff. I would never let that gun go.

Boolit Grand Master
    Probably my Marlin xlr in 356 Win.

Boolit Buddy
    I like that almost every post is an old gun with memories, and only reasonable monetary value. It's good that family is so well represented. When I open the thread I assumed there would be plenty of high-dollar precision firearms people would consider irreplaceable. Glad to see I was wrong.

BTW, mine's a Winchester 1906 model pump 22. Yeah, it was my grandfather's, then my father's, and soon to be passed to one of my kids. Four generations and it's still a regular shooter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast