Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Montain Lion

Boolit Grand Master

Montain Lion

My neighbor in Wisconsin Dells, Wis. sent me a picture of a mountain lion that they got on their trail camera
    If I could post the pic I would
    however I lack the technical abilities to do so that being said we have no mountain lions in Wis. supposedly
    last winter I got a pic on my cameras of a Bobcat which again we are not supposed to have in southern Wis.
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    We had one cross the range a year or so ago at my gun club. There are more out there than one would expect.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, they (texas parks and wildlife) told me there aren't any mountain lions in the Dallas area either until I snapped an identifiable picture of one stalking my neighbors yorkshire terrier. He wouldn't have believed me if I hadn't managed to snap the picture with the house address in the background.

Boolit Master

Mountain lions range all over I have yet to see one here in Michigan but have seen tracks .
    My father and step mother along with a lot of people in cars was one just west of Midland Michigan chasing a deer during daylight DNR laughed at all those that reported it. I have seen Lynx, wolves, and Pine Martin none of them supposed to be in area.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

What is this DNR? Dont know respect for people?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sav300 View Post
    What is this DNR? Dont know respect for people?
    Department of Natural Resources

I like yours though: Don’t ‘no respect

Best regards

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    Mountain Lions make their living by being stealthy, very stealthy!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

The most widely distributed large mammal in the western hemisphere.

Northern Canada to Terra de Fuego.

Boolit Grand Master

For whatever reason, they seem like an animal that often just takes off on a long walk for no good reason. Of course there is is no breeding population in WI, or anywhere even close, but I've heard of mountain lions wandering off hundreds of miles for seemingly no reason. There are no populations in MN either, yet every so often one turns up. If they aren't hit on the highway, they can make it a long ways.

Bobcat though, I'm pretty sure you will find bobcat through most of your state. There's probably more up north, but they are around in low numbers through most of the country. It's hard to pinpoint exactly, as they are very nomadic animals.

The DNR used to claim we didnt have them here in WV either but I shot one in the @$$ with a pellet gun when it was sneaking around my barn. I had 2 mares that were due to foal and it just kept lurking. Then some oil workers got several photos of another one. They are about, make no mistake

Out west here, the lions are thick, and the deer live in town. The Department of F n W won't allow hound hunting for cougar or bear anymore, and they've both got pretty thick. We get the big cats right in town now sometimes too. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Jack View Post
    Yeah, they (texas parks and wildlife) told me there aren't any mountain lions in the Dallas area either until I snapped an identifiable picture of one stalking my neighbors yorkshire terrier. He wouldn't have believed me if I hadn't managed to snap the picture with the house address in the background.
    Game and Fish says they've not been in Arkansas for 100years, in spite of a friend losing several livestock to them as well as game cam photos and a newspaper article (abt 50 years ago) where one attacked a man and his dog in a saltworks mill. Not to mention numerous eyewitness accounts. They finally said "there may be some stragglers passing through or released from zoos but no breeding population" which is funny since several of the gamecam photos showed cubs.

Boolit Master
    A mountain lion ran across the road right in front of my car in NH a few years ago, up near Mt Washington. There's no mistaking that head, that body and especially that tail at a close distance, in daylight. I reported it but was told, basically, that what I saw was probably a bobcat.
    Naw...not a bobcat.
    Apparently, if the authorities admit that there's mountain lions in NH, they have to come up with a management plan, and I guess it gets pretty complicated and involved. So, basically, they say that the big cats are "just passing through."
    In 2011, a mountain lion was struck and killed by a car in CT. Genetic testing showed that the cat came from SD.

There's been two seen on our farm in the last 50 years. I saw one about a quarter mile from where my house is now when I was 14 years old. My friend and I were dove hunting and one just came down the fence line about 200 yards away. When we yelled " That's a cougar"! at each other, it shot out of sight like a rocket. About ten years ago a sister in law had one cross the road at night in her headlights on the oil well road. Freaked her out a little bit....
    I wonder how many we have not seen?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I put the car sideways to miss one many years ago. But we don't have any in Kansas or Missouri.

I had one in the driveway last year. It's tail was as long as the body.

Boolit Master

I seen one in Eau Claire county WI about 15 years ago. It was on a Christmas when I was at my folks house.

Since I was a kid in the late '50s people in Jackson county WI would report seeing them year after year. Around 1980 the DNR there finally was able to find tracks there. Given the frequent reports for decades, hard not to believe there isn't a breeding population in WI.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    I put the car sideways to miss one many years ago. But we don't have any in Kansas or Missouri.

I had one in the driveway last year. It's tail was as long as the body.
    I got a chance to see one of the "non-existant" lions while going to school in Manhattan. He was dead - so no denying that one.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Banned

The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Park's stance was that none lived in Kansas for a long time, but there have been enough of them found and sighted now that they acknowlege it. A big female was found dead maybe 100 miles from here killed with a shotgun a year or two ago. They are out there. I'd love to see one someday, hopefully while I'm out deer hunting or something where I'm armed and not just see it crossing a road while I'm driving or something.

Boolit Master

Growing up in Harlan Kentucky, me and dad where stacking hay by the barn. I was about 10-12 years old, he got killed when I was 13 (1970), so it was before that. Anyway....I looked over in the horse pasture and there he was..just sittting and watching the horses. Dad went to the house for a rifle, but he turned and went back into the mountains. Never saw him again. No horses, cows or hogs were ever lost.

Everything I have ever read since stated their are/where no panthers,cougars or mountain lions in the mountains of southeastern Kentucky. I know better.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master

We have reports of big cats every few years the one that was killed in Chicago maybe 10 years ago from the DNA they think that it was from South Dakota
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast