WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Cimarron Arms Pistol Grip sizes?

Cimarron Arms Pistol Grip sizes?

Two pistols, different grips. Both Cimarron.

1860 Richard Mason conversion 44 colt. Has a nice large grip and the pistol fits my hand (righty) very well and is comfortable.

1873 Cattleman 44 wcf. Has a smaller grip and is very uncomfortable to hold as a few fingers are pressed up against the trigger guard, if I lower my hand on the grip it feels like I'll drop it.

I have yet to fire either, trying to find the time and a close to home range.
    The cattleman is new in the box unfired/old stock, would love to give this one a go but just cannot stand the grip size as compared to the mason conversion grips.

So I need schooled on grips for the Cattleman, larger replacements? interchange? Where to find the parts? Did not have much luck on the Cimarron site.

1860 grips are bigger than 1851 grips, which were also used on the 1873. Chiappa makes a revolver they call the "Alchemista" that is a '73 with a '60 grip frame. You may be able to build something like that yourself, I haven't tried to see how closely the screw holes line up.