RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt Wood Stock & a T-22

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    ebb - IIRC, I think I heard tat they did do sone sort of call in on the saltwootd - but what I heard was hearsay and I have never taken the time to find out much on it. The rifle I had certainly showed no signs of repairs or stock replacement and if there was a recall, I would imagine that there were a whole bunch of them that were never sent in for any kind of repairs.

On the one I had, it was almost unbelievable the amount of metal loss on the underside of the barrel and action where there was metal to wood contact. It was still shootable but not something I was real comfortable with. The stock finish was almost non-existent and when I bought it, my plans were to refinish the stock until I found out about the saltwootd issue. I bought the replacement stock which was very nice, but like I said, when the 22 crunch came on I decided to sell it and go on to other projects.

The T bolt action was interesting and I.m sure that I would have liked it - I'm not knocking Browmimg firearms in any way other than someone's idea of using saltwootd stocks. I have fond memories of a friend's Browning "Sweet 16" that I sometimes hunted pheasants with when I was a kid - all you had to do was point and the birds fell. I had sold my small collection of vintage 22 rifles by the time I bought the T bolt - I probably would have kept it and restocked it if I still had the collection at that time just because of the unique T bolt design.

Good one, tyguy!
    Cognitive Dissident

Banned
    Nice comment all, I do like the T-Bolt action, it's super easy to operate and plain fun to shoot. Accuracy is just however so-so. I think that is caused by the stock and receiver fit and how they interact. Since this is a shooter only, I am going to look at that fit and what I can do about it. I can bed the receiver, and about 3 inches in front of the receiver, possibly I can fit a rear receiver screw, which would be a significant improvement. And some other ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12