RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pit Bulls Killed My Cat

Boolit Master
    It is sad to kill a pet because of a stupid person. But I guess justice must be served at all costs.

Boolit Master
    sometimes a dogs actions are a reflection of its masters personality. the dog I adapted, still three years on is still like a 10 year old hopped up on Halloween candy. I've spent countless hours with him trying to teach this old dog new tricks. He chews up everything he can get his jaws around, he's got countless bones and rawhide treats but I guess he gets bored of them and has chewed half his dog house apart. vet said he estimated dog was 2 years old when I took him in after finding him wandering in the woods. but I have a very good friend that raised a beautiful pit bull from a puppy. this pit bull will stay right by my friends side always. if it sees something it even points like a good hunting dog but won't run off or give chase without my friend instructing it too. but after that it's game on-- whatever it gets to go after and dispatches everything, I mean everything, with one bite to the neck. pit bulls have tremendous jaw strength and one on the loose could easily kill a child in a split second, nothing to fool with.

Boolit Grand Master

even with the leash laws and ordinances, along with farmers being allowed to protect livestock, Its common practice to shoot shovel and shut up emphasis on shutting up. Its amazing how many owners let an animal pet run then when things happen it wasnt their animal but jut circumstances. Usually ends up in court and big bills on both sides.
    We lost a lot of chickens to both cats and dogs roaming. A neighbors son lost a 4-h sheep to dogs ( went in the barn after it in the pen).

One thing to always remember is with domestic dogs roaming there isnt any fear of man or buildings like the is with wild animals. They will stalk you same as any other prey. This make them much more dangerous than wild animals.

Boolit Master

My senior pit will stay by your side too. She is a big sweet heart. My son rescued her. Not sure how old she is. She was very over weight when we got her. Former owners feed her table food. She has lost some weight. She's about the size of a rotty now.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I like cats a bunch and we now have two of them (down from 4, as two died from old age at 15 and 16 years of age). They are all indoor cats and outdoor cats have a much shorter life expectancy. Murphy my shop cat is now about 16 and my wife's cat Peaches is just a kid at 2.5 years of age.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

What do all those owners on the news reports say? "He was always so sweet with children, he'd never hurt a fly!"

Boolit Grand Master

Sorry for your loss, Doug. Maybe those 2 pits will get their just due!

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your little buddy, Doug. As a retired mail carrier, I have a bunch of stories I could share about pit bulls and other dangerous dog breeds that I had to deal with over the years. I never trusted ANY pit bull and never will. They were bred to fight other dogs and that purpose is in their gene pool. My brittanys were born to find, point and retrieve birds and would instinctively point feathers when just six weeks old. Never had to worry about being attacked by the hunting breeds. Though I was never bit by a pit, some of my fellow carriers were and suffered very serious wounds including one of our lady carriers who had a breast almost ripped off by a pit who burst out through a screened in window. In this part of the world, loose pit bulls causing trouble have very short life spans. Another little buddy will come along Doug to spend time with you and to steal your heart away so keep your eyes open and the door cracked wide.

Boolit Master

Vicious dogs running around are a public health threat ,I am not big on feral cats either both need some controls .
    In this area there are often more cats running the woods then the coyotes can eat but they do get the majority of dogs even pitbulls!

One night when I was still working and this was a weekend home I got here at 3 am , there was 6-8 inches of new snow I stopped at the mail box with car idling and could hear an odd sound . I looked around my right ear is worse then my left so sounds tend to be from the left for me. Darn if a cat was not approaching me hissing and growling! I shot under it in the near dark but it left with a bit of haste! Next night the same cat was scowling in my back door (mostly glass) while I ate dinner ! I got up and it ran I set leg hold traps on porch and got rid of it .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    This is the "STUFF" we have to deal with. I would use stronger language but this site doesn't allow it.

https://www.wral.com/judge-delays-eu...tack/19763840/

These folks want to move in Doug's direction

I have a friend who breeds and trains service dogs (German Shepherds) for a living. She will tell you categorically that some breeds are inherently killers - pit bulls being first on the list. SOMETIMES you can train it out of an individual dog, but there is no way to be 100% sure.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    Vicious dogs running around are a public health threat ,I am not big on feral cats either both need some controls .
    In this area there are often more cats running the woods then the coyotes can eat but they do get the majority of dogs even pitbulls!

One night when I was still working and this was a weekend home I got here at 3 am , there was 6-8 inches of new snow I stopped at the mail box with car idling and could hear an odd sound . I looked around my right ear is worse then my left so sounds tend to be from the left for me. Darn if a cat was not approaching me hissing and growling! I shot under it in the near dark but it left with a bit of haste! Next night the same cat was scowling in my back door (mostly glass) while I ate dinner ! I got up and it ran I set leg hold traps on porch and got rid of it .
    A feral cat will not approach a human unless it's rabid. Did you have it checked? If not, why not?
    Cognitive Dissident

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    This is the "STUFF" we have to deal with. I would use stronger language but this site doesn't allow it.

They are in Garner, about 50mi S of me. I hope the city puts them down, and I hoped this before my cat was killed, I mean GIVE ME A BREAK! THE DOGS KILLED A 7YR OLD GIRL AND SEVERELY INJURED HER MOTHER! PUT THE DAMN DOGS DOWN AND GET ON WITH IT!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post

Wow, that is extreme. I've known dogs who were killed simply because they nipped a persons hand who was messing with them, even after the owner told the other to stop. Yeah, if a dog kills a person, there isn't much that can be said.

Banned

I am truly sorry for the loss of your cat. I am the owner of a pitbull we rescued from the humane society a few months ago. We had to put our last dog down last October due to cancer. And no I am not about to jump you about wanting to kill those two. I too have no love for a vicious animal. I can't have a cat due to extreme allergies, but otherwise I would be more than happy. The sad part to me is that most vicious dogs are either taught to be like that or left to become vicious with their humans taking no responsibility and the human should be punished more than most states do.
    Our 2 year old will also attack you if you come into our house or yard and would likely lick you to death. My sister has 3 pomchi's (Pomeranian and Chihuahua mix), when I took our pitbull over there and they started barking before we went in he was ready to head for the hills. I was rolling on the ground laughing.

Very sad thing to read Sorry for your loss.

Several years ago I was walking my little Buddy. He was just getting over a back issue. A neighbor was coming home with their two Great Danes. We were about 50 yards away and one of the Danes ran up. I assumed it would be the typical sniff each other thing. Before I knew what was happening, the Dane has Buddy in his mouth and was shaking him. I scared the Dane off, but it kept coming back with the other one in tow. Buddy survived, but had to be put down some weeks later from other issues.

Sent from a handheld tracking device on a remote body of water in SE Alabama.
    Last edited by pcolapaddler; 07-11-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Animal Control officers made an official report, but since the cat was killed on the neighbor's property, and it was technically a stray cat, there isn't a lot they can do. The neighbor and myself fed it, so it was a mutually housed and fed animal.

I'm pretty sure dogs killed another cat in my yard about 2mos ago, but I didn't see it happen. It was far enough away from the street that it didn't get hit by a car, and something had eaten a considerable bit of the torso. When I saw it the buzzards were finishing up what was left so who knows.
    Next loose dog I seen in my yard would be buzzard food if I were you . Can't hunt them down but you can shoot them in your yard . Sorry about the cat . I got a bad temper , been my cat I'd a been in jail before the day was over for killing dogs and whupping an owners ass.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    A feral cat will not approach a human unless it's rabid. Did you have it checked? If not, why not?
    Who told you that crap ? A Coon I would suspect or a Fox but not a cat . I have had any number of feral cats take up residence at my house over the years , none had rabies . Not all so called feral cats are afraid of humans although there are a bunch of them that they probably should be afraid of .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    Thundarstick, there is a difference between the friendly black lab who runs into my yard with a slobbery tennis ball, asking me to throw it for him (Fun LOL) and the pack / killer dog who comes to destroy, I suspect the same folks here who want to guard their feline fur kids would do the exact same for their canine fur babies. OP's post was about a cat killed by dogs, though.
    Actually! it was about a cat killed by two PIT BULLS. There's usually a line mile long to tell how their pit sleeps with the baby, wouldn't harm a fly, and it's just bad owners. Some dog breeds don't deserve a place at the table, pits are one of them. I grew up a farm boy and can tell you from experience that the same slobbering tail wager will kill sheep, goats, hogs, geese, chickens, ducks, and cats given the rite circumstances. I was sharing my Grandfather's advice on how to deal with such problems, if one where to feel the need to exercise the ultimate retribution on said cat killers. I'm genuinely a dog lover, but have no problem practicing SSS on a problem dog. However, "Buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I have a friend who breeds and trains service dogs (German Shepherds) for a living. She will tell you categorically that some breeds are inherently killers - pit bulls being first on the list. SOMETIMES you can train it out of an individual dog, but there is no way to be 100% sure.
    Just because someone dose something for a living, doesn’t necessarily mean they know what they’re talking about. I’ve been a rescue volunteer for about 30 years I’ve seen plenty of breeds and fostered many different types of dogs. Yes different breeds have different characteristics. If it’s a dog and it has teeth it can bite! I fostered and owned many pitbull‘s I’ve seen mean ones, and I’ve seen some of the most gentle docile dogs. I’ve also known a lot of breeders and the good breeders will tell you if they wind up with the dog that’s aggressive towards people they don’t breed it they put the dog down! For someone to make a blanket statement saying that Pitbulls are inherently killers is ridiculous. First off to understand the origin of the breed it was bred and trained to work cattle, bull in particular, large full grown bulls! I’ve seen more than one 2000 pound ball brought to submission by a 60 pound pitbull! I would love to be able to get my hands around your neck of the SOB did the side of the breed these dogs for fighting a couple hundred years ago. Any dog can be turned into a killer! The difference being a bite for an 8 pound Shih Tzu is not quite the same as it is from a 60 pound pitbull or 100 pound Rottweiler or as in my favorite breed 130 pound Bullmastiff‘s. 95% of the time it’s not the dogs fault it’s the owners fault!
    Doug guy I am truly sorry for your loss I know what it’s like to lose a four-legged family member.
    All pets should be under their masters control at all times! There’s nothing worse than making a sandbox for your grandchildren forgetting to cover it and not being able to let them play in it because it’s full of Tootsie Roll’s! Because someone thinks it’s fine to just open the door in a suburban setting and let their cats run free! I’ve had free roaming cats kill quails, baby chicks, rabbits,etc... if you own a pet any pet it’s your responsibility not someone else’s! Sorry to ramble but I’ve been reading all these posts and I just had to say something. Rant over!
    Last edited by poppy42; 07-11-2021 at 10:33 PM. Reason: I hate freaking auto correct!!!!!!!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast