WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pit Bulls Killed My Cat

Boolit Master
    BTW.. I’d kill a bad dog, any BAD dog, without hesitation.
    I have, and will again… No regrets.
    “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”.... Mark Twain

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    MaryB, IMO Wolf Dog hybrids are worse but yes, coydogs are more common. Good luck & happy hunting!

I've been told that some of the reason Dobermans were a problem in the past was horrid puppy mill overbreeding, their sinus bones would get too thin from inbreeding, then someone tapped them on the snout to interrupt them (not punish, just the "no, and I mean NO!" tap. I pat my cats harder than that, often, they purr. Cat bongo tummys LOL) and it would break the sinus bones, dog would be in horrid pain and understandably attack back. This is why I detest bad breeders, they make the world worse. Dogs deserve to have good genes!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    I had no idea I had become attached in just the two weeks she was here. I didn't see this coming. I took her cardboard box that was her bed, put her in a plastic bag and took her to the land fill. I did not bury her here, it was over and done before I had much time to think about it. I am relieved there is no sacred "place" in my yard where she is buried I think that would only contribute to the attachment and I am trying to let things go not hold on to them. All I can do now is SMDH and if them dogs ever come back around, I just better shut the hell up right now.
    My apologies, I read this entire thread over the course of the day and seem to have crossed stories. I’m sorry you had to see her like that.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Sometimes a problem can be a blessing in disguise. My father is good friends with a Vietnamese fella who makes coyote taste good. He says back home, dog was always on the menu.

Doug, I’m so sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all too well. Once a critter gets ahold of your heart they become something special. It’s a painful way to loose one. I’m glad your neighbor was kind enough to bury it for you. That’s not the last image of your buddy you want trapped in your mind.
    Well I was going to ask for recipes but I think that's another thread topic in the cooking section lol

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    Sometimes a problem can be a blessing in disguise. My father is good friends with a Vietnamese fella who makes coyote taste good. He says back home, dog was always on the menu.
    If you have been to a real traditional Powwow you have probably eaten coyote. Normally don't see it at the ones for tourists but everyone that are mostly skins has yote on the menu . I have tried yote but not dog.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    There is a coydog pack roaming the area, sheriff told me to be on the lookout for it entering town(I have written permission to shoot in town, I am on coyote patrol) because they have attacked people already. Sheriff said one that was shot was a pit/coyote mix and had its jaws clamped on a horses neck! They shot it and had to pry the jaws open even after it was dead.

This is what happens when people dump dogs or let them run loose! End up with problems. There are 3 huskies that run around town that are about to be crow bait, they keep trying to get in the neighbors horse/cattle pasture. Owner was warned 3 times so no more warnings, shoot on sight...
    Our local news said that a pack of Wolf/Shepherd hybrids escaped near Chapel Hill NC about a week ago. They have captured eight of them but four are still on the loose and believed to be traveling in a pack.

Local News
    Wolf-German shepherd hybrids loose in Orange County

Posted July 12, 2021 3:50 p.m. EDT
    Updated July 12, 2021 7:51 p.m. EDT

By Leslie Moreno, WRAL multimedia journalist

Cedar Grove, N.C. — Orange County Animal Services warned the public Monday about dogs on the loose that could be a cross between wolves and German shepherds.

The dogs escaped from their enclosure in the Cedar Grove area of Orange County about a week ago, and while eight were safely captured, four others remain loose. Officials said they haven't confirmed that all of the dogs are wolf hybrids.

There have been no reports of the dogs attacking or hurting any people, animals or livestock. But, officials noted, the dogs may display aggressive tendencies when confronted by people.

"These hybrids tend to be a little bit larger than a typical dog, and they may be more unpredictable because they are bred with wolf," said Dr. Tara Harrison, an associate professor at North Carolina State University's College of Veterinary Medicine.

"Feral dogs in general, particularly larger dogs, can certainly be very concerning," Harrison said. "I suspect, if they’re all from the same place, they’re probably going to stay near each other. Packs can be more dangerous just because they’re all helping each other."

The wolf-dog hybrids were seen on Sawmill Road in Hillsborough on the morning of July 6. (Photo courtesy of Claudia Das Neves Pestana)

Attachment 285976

Animal control officers have set traps in the Cedar Grove area, and officials urged people to call Orange County Animal Control at 919-942-7387 if they spot the dogs and not to try to feed, capture or confine them.

"The safety of these animals and the safety of the public are of the highest priority in this case," officials said in a statement. "These dogs are not currently available for adoption or foster to the general public, and it is highly unlikely that they will ever be made available in that way. Hybrids of this kind are not able to be kept as pets in Orange County, and there is not an approved rabies vaccine for these canines."

Harrison said a rabies vaccine exists for hybrid dogs, but there's no proof it works for this particular mix.

"Even if they are vaccinated, they are considered not vaccinated, so that’s where the danger is," she said.

Officials said "no outcome has been determined" once the dogs have been captured, but they are working to find options for their placement.

Owning a wolf in North Carolina is prohibited, Harrison said, but anything less than 100 percent wolf is allowed as a pet, although every county has its own rules.

https://www.wral.com/wolf-german-she...unty/19769147/
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    News "Dog that killed five week old baby,had killed a neighbours dog weeks previously....Owners had come to a financial arrangement ,and council animal complaint settled without enforcement action" ....A hard lesson ,or what?

Boolit Master
    noticed that the wolf-dog story doesn't say who they belong to or why they exist and nobody should feed, capture or confine them but doesn't say not to shoot them or put big giant fish hooks up off tree limbs baited with hot dogs.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I frequently encounter illegal loose dogs on my walks around the neighborhood. I carry a cell phone with camera active, Sabre Red pepper spray with UV dye marker and a .38 Special snub. If the dog has attitude and gets within 20 feet growling, leaves it property and approaches me in the road I take a picture and then hose it. The Sabre Red usually does the trick and I can send the photo and street address to animal control and they are good at picking up the loose dogs. I haven't had to shoot any, but you can bet that if I get bit we will have another good street report on how well Olin Q4070 +P+ 110-grain Treasury loads work on dogs...
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Hi Doug.Sorry to hear about your kitty.Lost my Snowball kitty two weeks ago tomorrow(Tuesday).Was able to adopt a kitty that was a stray through the local animal shelter.
    Cute little girl grey in color with a white chest and stomach.
    Very vocal and loving.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

I am truly sorry for your loss Doug...

I have been purposely avoiding this thread as it brings back memories of when I was 8 years old. The next door neighbor had a one-eyed pit named Mitzie. A loudmouth dog that was aggressive to everything and everyone but he stayed for the most part, on his own property.
    Mitzie killed a kitten I had right in front of me, I was enraged. I got my Red Ryder and promptly shot his other eye out. I looked at that as justified revenge.

Today at 71, I am not so certain as I look back at this with both regret and sadness and feel ashamed for what I did.
    I think that the irresponsible owners of these pets should be held directly responsible as these vicious dogs tend to reflect what the owner teaches them. The dog mirrors it's owner.

If I had it to do all over again, I would rather 'cane' the skin off the back of that owner and then call it good. I think I'd look back without remorse today.
    Regardless of what is done, we are still left with a hole in our heart from the loss of that 'unconditional love' that only a pet can give.

charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    You just need to look at the missing cats on facebook,to know that dogs killing cats is very widespread......and often goes unnoticed ,the dog owner having the opportunity to dispose of the carcasse in the trashcan.....I have seen a dog kill a cat,the foolish cat approached the dog,without fear,the dog simply grabbed the cat ,shook it violently,and it was dead.....neither animal was mine ,and in those days I wasnt a cat owner ....Dog deaths are not news,but usually draw a complaint to the council.and some action......unless a cat killing is witnessed ,its just another lost cat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I frequently encounter illegal loose dogs on my walks around the neighborhood. I carry a cell phone with camera active, Sabre Red pepper spray with UV dye marker and a .38 Special snub. If the dog has attitude and gets within 20 feet growling, leaves it property and approaches me in the road I take a picture and then hose it. The Sabre Red usually does the trick and I can send the photo and street address to animal control and they are good at picking up the loose dogs. I haven't had to shoot any, but you can bet that if I get bit we will have another good street report on how well Olin Q4070 +P+ 110-grain Treasury loads work on dogs...
    I never looked into pepper spray much, but the idea of some of it that also marke the assailant is a good idea. I'd never heard of such stuff. Guess I need to get out more.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    noticed that the wolf-dog story doesn't say who they belong to or why they exist and nobody should feed, capture or confine them but doesn't say not to shoot them or put big giant fish hooks up off tree limbs baited with hot dogs.
    What is wrong with you? Where would you ever think it would be safe or a good idea to do that? Things are really going downhill here.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Buddy
    The talk of antifreeze and bacon grease fried sponges is revolting. Antifreeze kills by being broken down to oxalic acid, and forming calcium oxalate crystals that build up, eventually blowing out the kidneys. Basically, lethal gout. A slow, painful way to go.
    Bacon fried sponge, clogs up the stomach and intestines, causing tissue necrosis...a slow, painful way to go.
    Just shoot it. Otherwise, you are just being a cruel *******, and we have enough of those around already.
    Last edited by Mr_Sheesh; 07-13-2021 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Censor bypass fix

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Humane is good, even though some rage is certainly understandable. Self control is a very good idea.

Vendor Sponsor

Wow. This thread is really going off the rails for Our Town, it's gotten to the point that it belongs in The Pit. Yeah I know, kinda ironic right?

Thank you for your support and kindness. I never thought I would become attached to the kitty, but truth is, she picked me. She came to this house and staked it as her claim. She would accompany me wherever I went outdoors, whenever she saw me she would come running. She wanted to come inside but she got into everything and I didn't have a litter box or the chance to get her fleas taken care of so I thought she might be an indoor/outdoor cat and I wasn't really in a hurry to bring her inside. My bad. My mistake.

The one thing she has done, is shown me that in her absence, I am left with the grief of missing someone dear, which I never saw coming. I think she would have been a very positive part of this household had she been given the chance to integrate herself into our lives or train us to integrate into hers I dunno which would have come first.

As much as I would like to take out my anger on the dogs that did this, the owner(s) are the ones at fault. As it stands right now all I have lost is a cat. As much as I would like to settle a score, I fear this will only bring ignorant ******** in my direction and I can't be here 24/7 with an AR in my hands so they would have plenty of opportunity to retaliate and I won't even try to compete with stupidity. There are SCADS of thugs here. Everywhere you go there they are with their pants down around their ass I hate to even have to go to walmart. The best thing I can do is to do nothing. I think I would rather decide this now than in hindsight.

I will leave the thread open for now but any more talk of cruel and inhumane acts will cause it to close either by my doing or the admin's doing.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I agree with ceasing the talk of cruel and inhumane acts.
    People are venting their grief and pain at the sadness of the entire situation. When I take an afternoon nap and Mittens hops up and trills demanding affection before curling up and dozing off, I think of this thread.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milsurp Junkie View Post
    The talk of antifreeze and bacon grease fried sponges is revolting. Antifreeze kills by being broken down to oxalic acid, and forming calcium oxalate crystals that build up, eventually blowing out the kidneys. Basically, lethal gout. A slow, painful way to go.
    Bacon fried sponge, clogs up the stomach and intestines, causing tissue necrosis...a slow, painful way to go.
    Just shoot it. Otherwise, you are just being a cruel *******, and we have enough of those around already.
    I'm sure it wasn't quick and painless for the cat either, nor would it be for the child these things are bound to attack at some point.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't quick and painless for the cat either, nor would it be for the child these things are bound to attack at some point.
    I didnt say that it was. Would you pour gas on the animal and set it on fire? Pour sulfuric acid or lye it is eyes our mouth? That would kill as well, but you would look on the individuals who did this as sick and depraved. It is the same thing as antifreeze or sponge...just not as outwardly visible. If you are going to do it, use a gunand bedone with it...at least that way you know which one was killed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast