Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 10

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 10

Good morning all. Well, today's message hits uncomfortably close to home. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Wrong Place. Wrong Time. Wrong Voice.

“Do not be deceived: ‘Evil company corrupts good habits.’”
    —1 Corinthians 15:33

You’re probably familiar with the story of Eve from Genesis 3 and how she ate the forbidden fruit. But let’s remember where Eve was when she was tempted. She was in the very place that God told her to stay away from.

God had said, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die” (Genesis 2:16–17 NKJV).

Yet as Genesis 3 begins, where do we find Eve? We find her at the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. So the devil came along and said, in effect, “Did God really say what you thought He said?”

The Bible tells us that when Eve “saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate” (Genesis 3:6 NKJV). She was in the wrong place at the wrong time, listening to the wrong voice.

Then in the New Testament, we find Simon Peter warming himself by a fire. Jesus had been arrested, and Peter was there in the courtyard of the high priest. And fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus, Peter denied Christ three times (see John 13:38; 18:15–18, 25–27).

He was at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. And he did the wrong thing.

That’s why we want to be careful about where we go and whom we hang out with, because it will impact us. No matter how long we’ve known the Lord, no matter how many Bible verses we’ve memorized or how many Christian songs we know, we need to surround ourselves with godly people.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

If we follow that advice exclusively there would be no missionaries! Yes, it is an awareness that we need to exercise, but it should not keep us from being salt and light to a lost world. My mission field is outside my front door, and I'm sure that is true of many of us.
    Last edited by Wayne Smith; 07-10-2021 at 03:41 PM.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    So true....

In "modern" terms...If we flock with turkeys we cannot soar like eagles.
    Don Verna

USMC 77, USRA 79

wow.. awesome
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

I think the point here, is simply put, "do what's right (of God), don't do what's wrong (not of God)". Human nature, in times of distress (real or manufactured) want to follow a leader/influencer who seemingly has the "answers" to our distress. Generally, Christians, will/should follow only God, (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit). Again, generally, we, as Americans, are/should be, individuals, responsible for our own actions. We answer to no one "of this world" and need to be on constant guard. Stand true and be of strong courage.
    Go in peace.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.