Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Has anyone here ever loaded .45HP?

Boolit Master

Has anyone here ever loaded .45HP?

That is .45 Hertenberger Patronen. 1mm shorter than .45acp. A work-around for European govt regs against martial ctgs..........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    Is that similar to the 45GAP?

Boolit Master

Yes, but longer than .45GAP...............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

I've been thinking on this and that is dangerous. I have about decided to load these with the RIM Rock 270gr swc that really weighs about 265 to the crimp groove over 5gr Herco and crimp heavily with my .455 seat and crimp die. This case is roughly the same as the .455 MkI and the accepted load for it was 5gr Unique with a 265gr bullet with a pressure rating of 14,000psi. Anyone have any input?
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Since it's in between the .45 GAP and .45 ACP in capacity, assuming like guns you can use GAP data or starting load ACP data. The 275gr doesn't sound like a good idea for an auto pistol fit wise. You didn't say what gun you want to use the H-P brass in.
    I've never heard of this, but assume that it was made along the same guidelines of the 9x18 Ultra, the 9x21mm, and the .41AE.
    Also the .222 Remington chambered AR15 Colts and Ruger Mini-14s( for export)?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I had never read of the round until your question.

Before I just blindly decided on a heavy projectile; I would look up the original specs for the cartridge, then try to match that with both projectile weight and velocity.

What type of handgun is this chambered in?

Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Since it's in between the .45 GAP and .45 ACP in capacity, assuming like guns you can use GAP data or starting load ACP data. The 275gr doesn't sound like a good idea for an auto pistol fit wise. You didn't say what gun you want to use the H-P brass in.
    I've never heard of this, but assume that it was made along the same guidelines of the 9x18 Ultra, the 9x21mm, and the .41AE.
    Also the .222 Remington chambered AR15 Colts and Ruger Mini-14s( for export)?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    265gr not 275 but anyway when I was making a dummy rnd I got case deformation. Since I am out of the 255swcbb I loaded them with the crimp groove and a little of the middle band showing and taper crimped them over 4gr of Herco. There was a little unburned powder in the barrel of My 1950 S&W Target with the 5" chopped barrel. I think I have duplicated the .455 Webley................

This is brass from the ammo I bought '3,000rnds of it' from J&G a few years ago for my moon clip guns I have 10 of them. It is 1mm shorter than .45acp so 21.8mm or .860 instead of 22.8mm or .898. Gave about $0.10 per round for it shipped........

I think I'll wait til I have some .255gr swcbb...........
    Last edited by ddixie884; 07-11-2021 at 06:23 PM.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

Well, I think I've got this figured out finally. I got a box of 255gr swcbb in from Rim Rock bullets the other day. It only took about a week from the time I ordered them. I used my Lee .455 Webley dies and a .45acp shell holder. I loaded them over 5gr Herco and seated and crimped them in the crimp groove as there will be no head spacing on the case mouth and will only be used with moon clips. There is no case bulge and they make a nice use of this brass.............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Master

Larry Gibson deep loaded some of these 255gr swcbb magma style bullets in .45acp cases on 5.0gr Herco to oal 1.173" to mimic this loading and fired them in a .45acp Contender with a pressure trace and the pressure reading was 16,600psi.......
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek