Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox

Thread: North Alabama Blasting Time

Boolit Master

North Alabama Blasting Time

Would there be anyone interested in getting together at a public range and do some shooting, “six-gunning”? Forum member “Iwsbull”, aka Bryan, and I thought it was a good idea.
    We are looking at August 14th at 9:00 AM until dark with a rain/weather date of August 21. We would do our best to keep this thread weather updated. In the event of cancelling, you would have to keep an eye on the thread. I would really hate for someone to make the drive for nothing.
    We plan to meet at Etowah/Owl Hollow range in Gadsden AL......insert link here.....https://www.outdooralabama.com/shoot...shooting-range.
    This is a 25, 50, 100, and 200yd independent bay public range. Alabama requires anyone to have some sort of license to shoot on their public ranges. This could be either a fishing, hunting, heritage license, WMA license for all residents age 16-64..
    Non-residents would need a WMA license or non-resident hunting license for ages 16 and older. The range link will guide you to the license needed.
    I plan to bring both of my steel plate set ups. They are 6”, 8”, 10” circles, 12” square, small silhouette, and large silhouette. Please no steel core ammo, bi-metal ammo, or small artillery.
    Please feel free to bring any of your AR 400/500 type steel targets also. Just no mild/soft steel please.
    I would like this to be primarily a handgun event. If you show up with a rifle I prefer you shoot cast bullets at my steel targets.
    I will pull my targets down if I feel you are deliberately trying to damage my property.
    Lets have some fun
    Last edited by Lefty SRH; 07-08-2021 at 06:21 PM.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Hope we can get several of us out there for some grip and grin and shoot and lie.

Boolit Master
    Lie??? WHAT??
    You dont have to be from North Alabama to attend! ����
    "In GOD We Trust"

I’m going to lie about why I missed as it’s impolite not to.

Sounds like fun to me. I will mark the calendar and watch for post here.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Good deal, I am looking forward to it.

Boolit Master
    Great! Glad you plan to attend.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Boolit Master
    To the top
    "In GOD We Trust"

For anyone that plans to attend, the weather looks to be good other than a pop up shower. There are no facilities there but I will try to pack some waters.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwsbull View Post
    For anyone that plans to attend, the weather looks to be good other than a pop up shower. There are no facilities there but I will try to pack some waters.
    Yes, its gonna be HOT! BUT the bays have a pavilion type top. So we will be shaded for the most part.
    "In GOD We Trust"

Lefty, I need to know how the shoot went. Got any pics? We lost my mother in law and are trying to settle her estate all the while raising a 6yr old grandchild so I missed the good time. I don;t want to whine or snivel but my window for fun are getting smaller instead of larger! Be safe, Murf
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

I am sorry to hear of your loss and would that you could have joined us but glad you put your priorities in the correct order.
    Lefty and I were the only ones that made it, we didn’t take many pics as we were too busy ratchet jawing. We did take a couple videos and I pulled a couple pics from them. We started at the 50 yard range and then jumped to the 200. It was a fun day and I hope we can slip another in before hunting season gets on us. If so one of my s will try to post it and let everyone know.