WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: .32 + wadcutters + promo = happy place

.32 + wadcutters + promo = happy place

Title says it all. Range to myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Nice gun, good shooting for group, great day at the range!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    That looks like fun! One of these days I'll hunt up my 32 WC mold and give it a lead bath so I can give that a try.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

Cool..............
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Mold
    Thumbcocker, what do you have your dewc sized at?

I size to .314 for .32 H&R, .32 long, and .327. .32's tend to multiply one the bug bites. FWIW I was given a large quantity of factory swaged boolits and they are .314.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

If I wasn't so brittle I would kick myself several times for the Ruger SSMs that I let go down the road for whatever stupid reason I had at the time! I especially miss the 4-5/8" one. A great cartridge.
    Good shooting and I know that it was fun for you, Thumbcocker.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I’m still mad at myself about letting my Buckeye Special Blackhawk combo in 32 H&R/32-20 get away back in the 1990s. While maybe a little large for the 32 S&W and H&R, it handled any 32 easily.

Froggie.
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I’m still mad at myself about letting my Buckeye Special Blackhawk combo in 32 H&R/32-20 get away back in the 1990s. While maybe a little large for the 32 S&W and H&R, it handled any 32 easily.

Froggie.
    I understand what you mean about for letting a gun go. That is why I do not sell any of my guns because of this reason you stated. Because when you looking back you know you will not find anther one like it for how it was for you. I was offer for some of the ones I have , I tell them I do not sell my guns and they said if I ever do let them know.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I like the WC they do more then some think , I have the mold for a WC in 32 and others cals , they work for me. Just to give ideas , if you size 32 down use them in some of your 30 cal with low charge. I do that with my other 32 cals molds to use in the 30 cals. You get more use , like use the molds for 38/357 use them for 9mm and you can use them for your 380 also . Just size them to fit .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master
    I am not a big wadcutter fan, but the two moulds I do have (Lymans #313492 and #358432) REALLY SHOOT. Both of these came very early in my casting career (c. 1981-82), but both have driven tacks since Day One in a whole lot of wheelguns. Both shoot accurately from 700-1200+ FPS.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    Threads like this one usually end up costing me money. I have two perfectly good RCBS 32 cal 98 grain SWC molds that I am currently using for my .32 S&WL and H&R. I really don't need another. But the "I want a 32 WC mold" song starts playing in my head.

One of these days I'll get one. Or find a couple thousand discontinued Hornady for next to nothing.

Robert

The mold is the Arsenal 98 grain wadcutter. I got the 4 cavity. It casts very well.

Boolit Grand Master
    I forgot the "Never whine at an Enabler's R Us convention" rule. One of these years I'll get one.

Fortunately my current .25 ACP rifle project is occupying most of my attention right now. What I can spare from the new cabin anyway.

Robert