RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primers in stock at midway now

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    I feel that around $40 per 1000 will be the new norm. Pricing much greater than that will simply eliminate a lot of folks.
    There were places where $40+ was pre-covid pricing. Bass Pro, Mills Fleet Farm, Scheels was $35+...

Boolit Master

Couldn't believe it! Stopped by the LGS to replace a kayak paddle lost yesterday and they actually had a fair amount of ammo, some powder still left, and small rifle and small pistol primers!

I was stunned! I haven't see primers for over a year around here.

So, bought a couple of boxes of cheap 9mm and a couple of boxes of small pistol primers. The ammo was a bit high at $17.00 a box, but the primers were only up about 40 cents from before at $3.39 per 100.

Attachment 285977
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I just noticed midway has cci small pistol primer in stock also

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I just noticed midway has cci small pistol primer in stock also
    They are asking a lot but at least we’re seeing some availability if you’re desperate. I have two new loaders coming over this weekend for a lesson and they are struggling to find components at any price. I’ll likely end up sending them home with goodie bags so they can practice at home.

Boolit Master
    Yep I'm still in reasonable shape primer wise , but I'm getting to the point of altering my shooting and loading to make my lg rifle primers last . Hopefully this will be over soon now that people are getting back to work ......

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Couldn't believe it! Stopped by the LGS to replace a kayak paddle lost yesterday and they actually had a fair amount of ammo, some powder still left, and small rifle and small pistol primers!

I was stunned! I haven't see primers for over a year around here.

So, bought a couple of boxes of cheap 9mm and a couple of boxes of small pistol primers. The ammo was a bit high at $17.00 a box, but the primers were only up about 40 cents from before at $3.39 per 100.

Attachment 285977
    $17.99 a box is a miracle these days for ammo! Over here in Western Washington it evens out to about $40 a box for handgun ammo! Did you visit Tri-State or another location?

Boolit Master
    $3.39/100 and no hazmat fee! I would have bought as many as possible without any hesitation. earlier today I noticed that I have a few boxes of cci small rifle and small pistol primers and federal gold metal match I got when we were coming out of the last big shortage and sticker price on them is $39.99. just before all this craziness gibrass had primers advertised they were $150/5000 for win lp and I think it was $175 or $200 for cci 41's. Should'a, would'a, could'a. kicking myself now for not buying a whole bunch of them. oh well.
    I'm thinking these days if you need primers if you can find them for reasonable cost don't hesitate to grab them when you see them available. if you don't use them all right away stored properly they will last a lifetime.

Boolit Buddy
    Midway has CCI 34's (LR) in stock for $80/brick limit one (in case anyone is desperate).

Boolit Master
    If they had free hazmat, it'd be worth it. But 1 brick with shipping AND hazmat?
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Steadily buying 2 when you use 1 will help build a cushion. Works for those of us that find dropping big $$$ on a single purchase is not an option. Or buying a couple extra along with any hazmat order.

From what I read the primer shortage is due to the ammo demand. Ammo is more profitable use of primers, the primers "surplus" to making ammo ends up packaged for reloading. Slowly seeing more and more ammo available. Not seeing the gun show table with nothing left for ammo by half way through the first day. Prices are even coming down a little. Once ammo stabilizes I expect primers will become available, then prices will start to come down. Not expecting below $45 again and won't be surprised if $50 is the new normal.

Once all the stockpiling of ammo tapers off the supply of primers should go up. Of course all those panic purchased firearms need a panic supply of ammo purchased first. Pretty sure there is plenty of ammo to meet "demand" if demand didn't include so many folks wanting to have a pallet full in their basement.

The gas crisis of the 70's was later determined to be self inflicted. Gas production didn't drop it actually increased, was more than enough to supply the miles driven by the country. But gas stored in cans in peoples garage isn't serving the market demand as effectively as gas in the gas station storage tanks.

I would like to replace some of my primer supply that has been used. Like isn't the same as must. I'll wait. Have been passing on some 100 packs to a new re-loader so they don't hit a wall. they tried to buy some at gun show and they were $10 per hundred at the only table with primers. That vendor had less than 1000 total of assorted sizes.

Will check at LGS if I'm there. One had discovered some boxes they forgot they had, they decided to price them at $8.99 per hundred feels good to be able to say "pass. I'll wait and buy them when I find them for decent prices". Voting with my wallet is still an option. At $50 or under I would purchase. At $55 it is my limit.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I don't like the high prices anymore than anybody else, but at the same time, I'm sure those prices have weeded out the scalpers.

The only scalper is Midway. $70 plus shipping and Hazmat (which is them paying their shipping staff to put a couple of stickers and a different printed form on the box. It Ain't costing them $19 )

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Pretty sure UPS gets the Hazmat fee, not Midway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123