Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Kimber KS6 revolver

Boolit Master

Kimber KS6 revolver

Just wondered if anyone has tried one of these? Had a 4" SP101 and i liked it but it had problems and wouldn't shoot cast.
    And the Kimber holds 6 rounds too.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903812067

Handled one of these at a shop on Saturday but they wanted over $1400 for it.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 07-05-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Boolit Mold
    I have two of the 3” TLE. They are good revolvers. Good trigger pull, six shot, easy to carry. I have always liked S&W k-frames, but one of these gets carried more and more. I shoot mainly wad cutters, but also Keith 173 with no problems.

I just bought one, 3” barrel. There was one NIB on Gunbroker, private seller, it went for $800. I dropped out cuz I was still in the fence. I paid about $950 at Cabelas, then a few fees & tax.

I shot some hand loaded 38 +p, then a cylinder of factory 357 shells. I think I’ll load bottom end 357 loads for general use.

I’m liking it very much, a Desantis holster comes from Midway in a few days. My intended use is some woods carry & possible cool weather CC.

Boolit Master
    I carry a model 60 in a shoulder rig under a flannel shirt or jacket. I like that round for a carry piece. I ended up getting a 6" 686+ for about $900 all up. Not a carry gun but a great shooter.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Banned

I think they’re woefully overpriced!

Boolit Master

If they would have been out when I was looking for a carry revolver may have picked that over my 3" Sp101 but I'm vary happy with the Ruger
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    I have one it very well built and shoots great, the but for me is the fact that i have large hands and the grip is rather small and no after market grips as of yet . It is everything you would expect as far as quality from Kimber

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smithnframe View Post
    I think they’re woefully overpriced!
    Makes a body consider a 3” Charter Arms Professional don’t it?

Boolit Master
    I have the 2" model and it's worth every penny. Fantastic craftsmanship. 23oz is good for low end magnums. Anything more powerful I'd step up to my 3" SP101 at 27oz. It's the smallest 6 shot 357 Magnum you can buy. Compared to my 2" K frame it looks and feels like a boat anchor. The M10 is 29.6oz and very bulky by comparison.

Boolit Buddy Low Budget Shooter's Avatar
    I bought a used 3" barrel concealed hammer K6S a while back, before price craziness hit. I liked it very well, but it was just a bit too small for my big hands, which love K and L frame guns. I gave it to one daughter when she turned 18.
    I'm not sure where all the money is that I've "saved" by casting and reloading!

Boolit Buddy

I have had the Kimber K6s DASA 3" 357 Magnum since Feb. It is a fine quality revolver and one in which I am confident. It carries well and is very concealable for a 6-shot revolver. My hand size is M/L and I get along well with the grip size. That said, I would not want an extended range session with magnums but it certainly is doable when necessary. 38 +P for my street carry and the magnums for woods carry. $1400 is $500 more than I paid for mine.

Boolit Master
    I have the 4" combat model and it's on par or better than my new model Colt Cobra. I wouldn't pay $1,400 but $919 shown in the GB link is reasonable.