Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotshell Primers?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mac60 View Post
    I check Ballistic products every day. A few weeks ago I noticed they had Cheddite 209's in stock and snagged 5,000. That should be a lifetime supply for me. So, they're out there from time to time. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time I guess.
    Hmmmm , as they say “everything’s relative” . Anyway this time last year I had close to 25,000 209’s all for my own use . I maybe have 13,000 on hand with another 6,000 coming to me . Anyway point being I’ve loaded 12,000 shells for myself since I had 25,000 at once . No I’ve not shot them all . But sometimes I get on a loading jag and primers disappear mighty quick . I’ve got a bunch of factory target and field loads I’ve picked up over the past few years as well . But I’m ALWAYS looking for stuff , I try to have more than I’ll ever need . Optimum situation would be when I die have maybe 5,000 primers and a few thousand loaded shells on hand . But I shoot close to 10,000 a year now and I’m no where near what I’d call an over zealous shooter .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Last gunshow had both centerfire and shotgun primers. Local dealers have none. Centerfire were over $200/1000. Shotgun was plentiful but $100-150/1000. I got plenty to shoot a little of everything but not just one type.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Last gunshow had both centerfire and shotgun primers. Local dealers have none. Centerfire were over $200/1000. Shotgun was plentiful but $100-150/1000. I got plenty to shoot a little of everything but not just one type.
    Sounds like we are in the same boat. Are you from California also because those were the same price I saw at the last gunshow here in so Cal. I did notice a lot more Federal Gold Match Primers out there but most of the 209s were almost all random old stock from 80s and 90s lots of powder was selling at $50 a lb but you could still find old stock powder for about $35. I also have a small supply of different types of 209s but I haven't had an opportunity to get out and shoot since early this year so I should be fine.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGOX View Post
    Sounds like we are in the same boat. Are you from California also because those were the same price I saw at the last gunshow here in so Cal. I did notice a lot more Federal Gold Match Primers out there but most of the 209s were almost all random old stock from 80s and 90s lots of powder was selling at $50 a lb but you could still find old stock powder for about $35. I also have a small supply of different types of 209s but I haven't had an opportunity to get out and shoot since early this year so I should be fine.
    Raleigh, NC area. That was Dixie Gun and Knife. Got a smaller show coming up July 10/11 I'm gonna check out. Federal Gold Metal Match was $345!!!!!! per 1000!!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Raleigh, NC area. That was Dixie Gun and Knife. Got a smaller show coming up July 10/11 I'm gonna check out. Federal Gold Metal Match was $345!!!!!! per 1000!!!!!
    WOW $325 that's insane. I probably won't be able to get another show in till late fall when my schedule opens up again. I know the few LGS that get primers in and at a decent price also between $35 and $60 but they are random when they come in and they have long lines just to see if they have any. I just don't have the time to wait in line for an hour just to see if they have anything.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Hmmmm , as they say “everything’s relative” . Anyway this time last year I had close to 25,000 209’s all for my own use . I maybe have 13,000 on hand with another 6,000 coming to me . Anyway point being I’ve loaded 12,000 shells for myself since I had 25,000 at once . No I’ve not shot them all . But sometimes I get on a loading jag and primers disappear mighty quick . I’ve got a bunch of factory target and field loads I’ve picked up over the past few years as well . But I’m ALWAYS looking for stuff , I try to have more than I’ll ever need . Optimum situation would be when I die have maybe 5,000 primers and a few thousand loaded shells on hand . But I shoot close to 10,000 a year now and I’m no where near what I’d call an over zealous shooter .
    Yea, right you are. "Everything's relative". I just don't shoot that many shotshells, a few slugs to hunt with, a few 2 3/4" #5 game loads for squirrels and some random buckshot loads. Over the years I've enjoyed your posts and admired some of the fine shotguns in your collection.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

The current Primer issue has been solved. I got 2 bricks of Cheddites for $60 each which was the best price I have seen lately.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I’m sitting on quite a few, but luckily, I got around 15k primed hulls. That should get me by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMC 77, USRA 79

i stocked way up when they were available thank God. i also use 209 in my inline guns, so I doubled up. around here, it is a rule to stock up always on things that are available. save for a rainy day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master

There are none to be had in any of my LGS and being in Hawaii means that no one will ship any to me either.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    Cheddite 209s are in stock at Ballistic Products with a limit of 5k. Comes out to about $50 after taxes fees and shipping. Act fast

Guys, use my discount code for a reduced hazmat fee. It’s HAZ21X for BPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    i stocked way up when they were available thank God. i also use 209 in my inline guns, so I doubled up. around here, it is a rule to stock up always on things that are available. save for a rainy day!
    Having logged right next door on Long Island I would have to say the rainy day was at that time almost every day , nice country I can still remember the spring water up high on the cliff above dova bay , some good memories .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12