Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotshell Primers?

Shotshell Primers?

In case you haven't noticed Primers of all types are in short supply. But Shotshell Primers are in especially short supply.

I was talking to a friend who owns a LGS and he told be that the word he is getting from Domestic Primer Producers is that the Biden State Dept. has slapped a bunch of regulations on the importation of primers from outside the US.

The result is that the Domestic Producers are overwhelmed trying to take up the slack.

There is alot of people working in this government that really need to go. And however they end up going is just fine with me!

It has never been this bad! Our country is falling! People say Russia and China are to blame?

They aren't to blame, they are just sitting back watching the "Useful Idiots" do their bidding for them.

We are in Big Trouble!

If anyone has any 209 Primers they would be willing to part with PM ME!

Thanks Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    and you are in the state that starts it all

Boolit Grand Master
    Randy,
    I have about 20k “excess” Winchester 209’s. Just no way to get then to you.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

funny how stuff works, when the primer shortage started you could still find 209's untill about 3 or 4 months into the shortage and now regular primers are starting to show up on shelves but 209's are nowhere to be seen.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    I’ve got over 10 thousand closer to 15 I think . Anyway none of those are for sale and I have wants out with all our distributors for ATLEAST 10 thousand more . Bought forty bags of shot the other day and will pickup at a SxS shoot the end of this month in PA . I’m pretty good on 8’s and 9’s but am about out of 7 1/2’s which make up over 75% of what I purchased . Also have the word out with our distributers for two 8’s of Unique , no I’m not low but I like reserves .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    Interesting, I am picking up 5000 Cheddites tomorrow from our club order. I thought it might be getting back normalish. Price is about 10% above last year, fairly reasonable. Got some 410 wads in there too. I passed on more shot at 46$ a bag. Might regret that, but I’m good for a while, a goodly while.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Moderator Emeritus

I still have my stash from when my son and I used to trap shoot. Told him I saw the price for a bag of magnum shot. It was almost three times higher than a load I had bought previously. Unbelievable.

Been said before, the only way to destroy our country is from within. Make no mistake that they want us destroyed. There is no more we'll I like some of their positions as it is all or nothing now. Shame but true.

Banned

We just went through the new Dunham's Sports in Salina and I was surprised to see CCI 209 primers on the shelf. They were $8 per 100, and I didn't need them that badly, but I was still buying shotgun primers locally quite a while after everything else dissappeared.

Yep, same at my local trapnrange. Cheditte 9’s we’re $50 per 1k and now they are out. Last time I was there, she had a few primers in but no 7 1/2, 8 or 9 shot. Some powder but no 700X. She had 12, 20 gauge a few 410, but you don’t get a choice on shot size, brand or power level. I am still good for awhile or easily 2 years. Towards the end of my sons trap shooting days, I bought a Shannon shot makes when shot hit $25 a pound!

our walmart had a large shipment of federal 12-20 ga shotgun shells, #7.5-8 shot, a little over 22.00 for a four pack(100 shells.), i stocked up.

Boolit Master

The Walmarts around here decided to go full blown liberal.... pulled all the ammo and all the guns.... not selling either anymore. A few other stores did the same.

None of the other suppliers around here have any reloading supplies on the shelves. Ammo for some calibers is available in limited quantities.
    Last edited by dsh1106; 07-02-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Bub
    The only primers I've been able to buy locally are shotgun primers. They keep coming back into stock however any other type of primer has been OOS for over a year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eastbank View Post
    our walmart had a large shipment of federal 12-20 ga shotgun shells, #7.5-8 shot, a little over 22.00 for a four pack(100 shells.), i stocked up.
    I wish our Wal Marts would get those back in again. I enjoy trap shooting and those 100 packs are the way to go, you almost couldn't buy the shot in them for what Wal Mart sells them for.

The good news about availability problems is that it finally got me off my butt and got out all this shotgun reloading stuff I have accumulated and start loading my own. I put 50 together yesterday to try out this weekend.

Boolit Master
    I got 5,000 Chedditte primers today . Paid more than I wanted to but there’s a certain amount of comfort in having rather than not . The case of CB 20 gauge wads and the card/nitro wads arrived from Precision today . Still like to get 5,000 more 209’s and 16 pounds of Unique but I’ve got plenty options . Going to a SxS 20/28 shoot July 10th I may just shoot 28 gauge factory #8’s .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

Things turned out a lot worse then I thought unfortunately. I knew last year and this year would be a shortage, everybody should have, but I never thought we would see another Obama era shortage so soon. What is so bad about this is that it isn't only firearms, there is nothing right now that is easy to get, or reasonably priced. Oddly, gasoline is the only thing good right now, and I wouldn't count on that lasting much longer.

I planned and prepared for this eventuality, and got myself what I believe at least an 8 year supply of shooting. My game plan now is to keep my head down, and wait for this to pass like the last one. Sorry I can't spare any more shotgun primers. I sold all my extras last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I still have my stash from when my son and I used to trap shoot. Told him I saw the price for a bag of magnum shot. It was almost three times higher than a load I had bought previously. Unbelievable.

Been said before, the only way to destroy our country is from within. Make no mistake that they want us destroyed. There is no more we'll I like some of their positions as it is all or nothing now. Shame but true.
    This remind me that when early this year I was going through some boxes from when I had move years ago and I had the box mark for shoot , open it I had a bad of #6 ,8 shot . the price on the bag was about $14 + for a bag , As for short on primers might need to get into reload them for yourselves I still have what I need on primers , but if it get to that I running out I will reload them , I had posted in the past how I do it for all primers .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I have a small supply of Winchester 209 primers that I have been putting into AA hulls and they work fine. I got some pristine looking Federal hulls and oddly, the winchester primers tend to fall out . Are Federal primers different or is something wrong with the hulls?

I got a 25 lb bag of 7 1/2 shot for about $42 last tuesday and felt fortunate to find it.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

This will end up making the Clinton/Obama supply crisis look like a walk in the park. Longer and when it ends prices will not fall to anywhere near where they were. I don’t shoot as much as I did as a young man and hopefully have an emergency supply that will last. Keep your powder dry !

Boolit Buddy
    Randy, Ojia, Ca. That's real close to me. I just picked up some cheddite 209s. Also give Camarillo gun store a call from time to time. Carlton is a good man. I'll PM you.

I've had luck recently on midway, midsouth shooters, and brownells for both powders and primers. Prices are high but not many options. When I travel to the east coast for work sometimes I hit up walmarts for those 100 packs of shotshells. Limt of 3 a day

Boolit Master

I check Ballistic products every day. A few weeks ago I noticed they had Cheddite 209's in stock and snagged 5,000. That should be a lifetime supply for me. So, they're out there from time to time. Just gotta be in the right place at the right time I guess.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast