RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Wideners Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does NOE have a website?

Boolit Buddy

Why does NOE have a website?

I’ve been Checking in there weekly for what should be a popular mold for the better part of a year and it always show sold out.

What gives?

Boolit Grand Master

They are a small operation and popular. So a lot of stuff is sold out.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Banned
    The best way to get an answer to a question about NOE is to call Al 801-377-7289 ( the owner) he almost always answers the phone and enjoys talking to people. He will let you know what going on with your mold.

Al is also very helpful. For the times I called him when order a mold he make sure I have all I need and if I order something else he have and I did not know that I needed a another part like a holder for the the punch he let me know about it . then he tell me after that if I order any other punch I will just need to get the punch after. I do not order from him on line , it is always on the phone. That way i know I get my order in and that I get what I want as long it is in stock. Like was stated it is a small company.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

when your a small busy shop sometimes the stupid stuff like a website does not get to take priority.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I bought a mold a few weeks ago and it didn't get shipped as fast as past experience had been - I own a good number of NOE molds. I gave them a call and as I figured, they have been busy as can be in trying to keep up - which I fully understand. Al is a great guy and like many small businesses, they are experiencing high demand and there are only so many hours in a day . . . . everyone who works there is working hard but they all have personal lives and also can only hold up so long with long hours, etc.

I am not speaking fo Al or NOE - But I know that they make an excellent product and that they care about their customers. I have no idea of what their personnel situation is and it is none of my business - but look around and get a grasp on reality as far as every small business having problems with getting people who want to work - regardless of the business. My wife and I live in a condo with an HOA that contracts the grass cutting - the mowing company can"t even guarantee what day it will get mowed because they can't find people who want to work and when someone does apply, they usually can't pass the drug test.

NOE has a phone number on their site - call it. If they can't answer the phone at that time - then wait a while and call them back. They will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Why doesn't someone here who is an IT guru volunteer to help Swede out? He's a really great guy who is real smart and articulate with tool making and ballistics but he can only do so much as a one man band. Now I'm going to go out on a limb...who thinks that the the outfit he hired to do his website and IT work has some people who are leftward leaning? And who thinks that maybe they recognize a shop that "makes bullets" is, in their woke world, a right wing outfit that then they can label "racist"? And who thinks that maybe they don't put their best foot forward for Swede? OK. paranoid and crazy? in the pre 2020 world, yes....but what about now? Swede must be near retirement age and at some point may want to throw in the towel, I just hope that there is someone who may carry the baton. I would not want to think of a world without NOE!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    I’ve been Checking in there weekly for what should be a popular mold for the better part of a year and it always show sold out.

What gives?
    My guess it it is an avenue to list his products, not necessarily to show inventory. As others have said call Al and place an order. Then he knows what to build. You might be surprised and get it sooner then later.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Banned
    Al has mentioned to me on several occasions that he has been looking for another good machinist for his shop but hasn't had any luck finding one.

Al started Night Owl Enterprises as a hobby when he had a hard time ordering a mold he wanted.

Boolit Master

If you want a mold check the NOE forum and see if there is a group buy or a group run. I did that for the 6.5 Grendel Mold several years ago.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post

What gives?
    Have you been paying attention this past year???

You also say "what should be a popular mold". Does this mean you THINK it should be popular and isn't???

Some items on the NOE website are likely never to be produced again due to poor sales or problems discovered with the design.

Why not tell us the mold you think should be popular and we might be able to answer your question.
    NRA Benefactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    Have you been paying attention this past year???

You also say "what should be a popular mold". Does this mean you THINK it should be popular and isn't???

Some items on the NOE website are likely never to be produced again due to poor sales or problems discovered with the design.

Why not tell us the mold you think should be popular and we might be able to answer your question.
    Whoa! Is this Swede?

Boolit Master

BurntFingers isn't Al

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    BurntFingers isn't Al

OK, is Al with us here?

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I’ve had good luck ordering small things like Boolit sizers and expanders, from there website, but never had emails with questions returned.

Quote Originally Posted by quail4jake View Post
    Why doesn't someone here who is an IT guru volunteer to help Swede out? He's a really great guy who is real smart and articulate with tool making and ballistics but he can only do so much as a one man band. Now I'm going to go out on a limb...who thinks that the the outfit he hired to do his website and IT work has some people who are leftward leaning? And who thinks that maybe they recognize a shop that "makes bullets" is, in their woke world, a right wing outfit that then they can label "racist"? And who thinks that maybe they don't put their best foot forward for Swede? OK. paranoid and crazy? in the pre 2020 world, yes....but what about now? Swede must be near retirement age and at some point may want to throw in the towel, I just hope that there is someone who may carry the baton. I would not want to think of a world without NOE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    I love NOE molds. I have several. But I have given up on them. His website/production/inventory problems pre-date the chinavirus so that's not the issue.

He does need IT help. The Castpics website needs attention also.

No slam on NOE just my observations.

I am not a $1000 club member. I'm sure that he doesn't miss my meager purchases. But Accurate and Arsenal get the nod for me these days.

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master

OK, is Al with us here?
    Actually yes. Dont see him post often though stleast in subforums I haunt. You best bet for NOE employees, Reps and owners is to go to the NOE forum on his website. There might be a groupbuy or group run for the mold you want and you get a discount for joining groups runs.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

I see no problem with his website and he just upgraded it past year. Thats a weird rant by the way. He has a website and host his own forum. I think he has all the IT help he needs.

~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    NOE has a very good product at a very good price and he is selling molds faster than his crew can make them. There is still a shortage of everything gun related and you want a particular mold and you want it now. That seems unreasonable to me.
    His web site appears to be a list of molds he has made and may make more of if he can find the time and the demand for a particular mold is there. But, that's just my guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast