Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does NOE have a website?

Banned

I have called a few times on a sat and sun to leave Al a message and has answered the phone each time. I don't think he gets much free time. And if you look at all the stuff he offers it is going to be a long time for some of it to get ran again.

There are a lot of steps when making something. Have you ever run a lathe or a verticle mill? Not everything he makes is made on a cnc machine. It takes time. It took me an hour the other night to make a gas check expander. Look and see how many of those he offers. That will put it in perspective a little

I just ordered 2 molds yesterday morning @ 8 Eastern Time. Delivery time is scheduled to be before end of day tomorrow.

I can't complain about service like that.

As far as I know, a lot of what gets run is through requests through: https://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index...oard,17.0.html

That's how one of the molds I ordered yesterday got produced. Enough people stuck up their hand and said they wanted one then Al saw a need to run a batch.
    Last edited by 15meter; 07-01-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Boolit Master

I called him last month , he commented on he is having supply issues for some of the larger molds .

I have bought quite a few of his molds , will buy more in the future when enough is in stock .

Boolit Master

I dont rush manufacturing of anything. It takes me a month just to draw simple designs in kiddie CAD program.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    I see no problem with his website and he just upgraded it past year. Thats a weird rant by the way. He has a website and host his own forum. I think he has all the IT help he needs.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Weird maybe but fact? Anyway his website, yes, is better but there is no replacement for a call to Swede. He helped me so many times and I always appreciate his help!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by quail4jake View Post
    Whoa! Is this Swede?
    Nope.

But in the past I have had two web based businesses that started as hobbies and turned into full time jobs.

I sold both those businesses and left both hobbies because I got burned out.

People say there's no such thing as a stupid question. It's obvious they've never ran a business web site. You'll get more stupid questions than honest questions. Don't believe me?? Just go to Amazon and read some of the questions asked about products. You'll be shaking your head so much you'll tear a muscle.

Common sense is dead. Most people can't be bothered to research something. Instead they go on the internet and ask random strangers for an answer. All the knowledge of the world at their fingertips and they mostly use it to watch twerking videos.

Al, like many small hobbyists turned businessmen has a quandary. They can either answer/sort email, most of which is not related to the business or is stupid questions that could have been answered by actually reading product descriptions and answer the phone, with all the related spam calls and crap, or they can make product.

The NOE website is part sales platform and part history. There are a lot of molds on there that were produced in the past that will likely never be made again. But Al still lists them so smart people have the info they might need. I'd rather have it that way than scrubbing everything off the website like some people do...looking at Lee.
    NRA Benefactor.

Hat's off to Al. The only custom molds I own are NOE's. The few times I have felt the need to speak to him, he has always been a champ and one couldn't ask for better. The way I see it, he can be sitting at a desk on a keyboard or on the phone, or he can be turning out products.

Web masters don't come cheap either. And, I doubt there is anyone within a reasonable distance of Al who knows everything there is to know about all of NOE's products to answer the phone and reply to emails. The man can't do it all. But he does make some of the best tools for our hobby as any.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

I joined the Forum , set up an account , went to the " What would you like to see ran " section and posted what I wanted and why to generate some interest . Then started next step , an " Inventory Buy" . I listed what I wanted , talked it up why it was such a good boolit ... 5 others signed on for moulds , we got a discount and moved to next phase "Active Inventory Buy" where you actually place your order , when 5 orders are recieved it goes to the shop and is produced .
    He's a small shop and I understand making one mould for one person isn't cost effective ... So I don't mind signing on for group buys ...it doesn't take that long to get a few others on board and the mould goes into production . Al is good people and a pleasure to do business with . I try to buy American when I can ...and Al and NOE are All American . He will take care of you if you have a problem . I have bought several moulds since that first gas checked 124 gr. TC 358 mould , a couple were in stock and a couple I started an inventory buy with ...no big deal to get a mould not in stock .
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 07-02-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I have called a few times on a sat and sun to leave Al a message and has answered the phone each time. I don't think he gets much free time. And if you look at all the stuff he offers it is going to be a long time for some of it to get ran again.

There are a lot of steps when making something. Have you ever run a lathe or a verticle mill? Not everything he makes is made on a cnc machine. It takes time. It took me an hour the other night to make a gas check expander. Look and see how many of those he offers. That will put it in perspective a little

Actually I have. Manual machines and 5 axis machining centers/ CNC lathes. Look, I'm not trying to dog on anyone, I have major respect for Al. It's just that I've been wanting a particular 9mm RD mold of his for a while and it never gets in stock. I didn't know he does things like Tom and takes custom orders. I'll try that next. Thanks everyone.

And kudos to Al, Tom, and MP Molds for letting us enjoy our passion.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    Actually I have. Manual machines and 5 axis machining centers/ CNC lathes. Look, I'm not trying to dog on anyone, I have major respect for Al. It's just that I've been wanting a particular 9mm RD mold of his for a while and it never gets in stock. I didn't know he does things like Tom and takes custom orders. I'll try that next. Thanks everyone.

And kudos to Al, Tom, and MP Molds for letting us enjoy our passion.
    Have you tried starting a "group buy" or "inventory run" ? There was absolutely no interest in a 9mm Luger 358-124-TC-Gas Check mould 6 years ago ... I started the ball rolling with an inventory run and in a few weeks had enough people , I think it was 5 , to get moved into a group buy and then went to shop production ... it didn't take that terribly long to get my 4 cavity mould with gas check into my grubby little hands ... He works the process a little differently than other makers ... but if you do it the way he wants you to do it... you will get your mould made .
    I also appreciate the fact he will make historical and discontinued moulds . I've got some "Elmer Keith" Signature moulds and long discontinued Lyman moulds that I absolutely cherish and didn't mind waiting to have made .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I got this one in November

Mark me down as a very happy customer

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Every mould manufacturer isn't having production problems now and for the past year? They've been setting records for production hours and can't keep up. Blame BLM, antifa, and the current administration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12