MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good old USPS

Moderator Emeritus

In order of best to worst for me

USPS: rarely loses anything, mailman works with me and leaves packages in the porch out of sight. Can be slow at times but it is rare, usually only on stuff going through Chicago

FedEx: Dumps my stuff at random around town, or like yesterday they dumped 200+ pounds of Walmart order(cat litter mostly, 2 cats that combined weight 60 pounds... means a LOT of litter every month!) in front of my garage door instead of putting it in the porch like they are supposed to. This happens every so often to the point I have a sign right above were hey dumped he last order that says "Packages go in the house porch, I do not live in the garage!" but the idiot driver ignored it...

UPS: Tosses packages all over town, if he manages to get to my house he throws them out on the curb and takes off. Everyone in town has filed complaints but nothing ever happens. My absolute last choice for shipping on sites that give you a choice.

When I worked for the TV/Appliance store repairing electronics UPS delivered a box just inside the back door and wanted me to sign for it. I asked why he didn't bring it in the shop like normal... he stammered a bit then admitted it looked damaged. I go back to inspect it and it was the picture tube I was waiting for. The box was 2" tall and had multiple tire tracks over it... semi tire from the tread pattern and spacing... and forklift going a different direction... I rejected the shipment and told the driver if he tries to pull that crap again I would get him fired. That box should have never left the terminal!

Well, USPS has been just about as good as the other two shippers. I've got a main driver and an alternate. Alternate is older guy and pretty dang good. The young kid drops my packages outside my unattached shop as he can just toss out his window and hit the usually closed door. Rain or no rain. My front porch is plenty big and covered, but it is about a 30 ft walk to get there. UPS usually brings and drops at front if it looks like rain, and fedex will bring to the porch also.
    Daughter is building home next to us and I just installed two super sized mail boxes. USPS can get a Medium FRB inside it. So unless I order Lead, it should keep packages dry.
    But it ain't just packages shipped. Daughter bought special tub from orange big box. (It is HARD to get any building supplies right now) Shipped to the store. Opened it up and it had been dropped out of the truck onto end and had a 12" crack around the rim. $1200 tub. And only two wraps of plastic shrink around the rim, nothing else but the main box. Manufacturer must have been buying for $50.... Oh well, Had to order a different tub to replace as this tub was out of stock with no date to refill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12