Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much does it cost you to shoot? Range Fees

Boolit Buddy

How much does it cost you to shoot? Range Fees

The Lincoln Rifle Club, where I shoot raised their prices for non-club members to shoot.

After being a member for many years I let my membership lapse, due to not wanting to support Wayne's grifting. You had to be an NRA member to join and I just couldn't support Wayne's BS any longer.
    Any how when I started back up shooting after the great powder panic, they had changed the fees for public shooters to $20 or $10 for Vets. Used to be $10 or $5 for vets.

At those prices I may rejoin the Club to shoot every week for free. I understand that they allow other Gun Orgs now so maybe I can maybe I can find one that I can support?

Back on topic,

How much does it cost to shoot where you are in Range Fees?

In Fargo you have the RRRMC indoor pistol and rifle range. 200$ membership = no more fees for the year. If you shoot every week it is 4$ a week and a bargain. If you shoot every month it is 16.6 $ per month, still reasonable. When I saw my shooting drop below 4-5 times a year I stopped paying for membership.

20$ and hour if your alone, 15$ an hour if your with a member. No hassles, no problems, pay as you go.

Good outfit IMO.

There are others in the area, but they are the ones I have chosen to support.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I have been a member at my club long enough, and am over 65, so I qualify for a lifetime senior membership, which is free. Regular memberships are $55/year. Membership is limited to 600. Most weekday mornings, even before the ammo and component shortage, I have the range to myself.

Boolit Master
    Wow... We don't have an indoor range at Unaka Rod and Gun. Membership is $90.00 a year unless you are a volunteer RSO who does 12 shifts per year. I average 2 per month. No NRA membership required.
    I enjoy hanging out with new shooters and doing my part to keep the range safe. When I get the late shift, I scarf up lead from the berms to make more boolits.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    Yearly membership for our group "Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association" is $165.00 for an individual and $185.00 for a family. Our range complex covers over six hundred acres. COSSA is the umbrella group over the many disciplines/groups. I don't know what the different groups (cowboy, long range, action pistol and several others) charge their members for membership. There are match fees for the different disciplines set by them. A member can bring up to four guests at a time and the daily fee for each is $5.00. A non-member can only be a guest three times in one year. For the big matches that draw many people from out of our area there are fees set by the board. We have monthly work parties where members can work off the cost of membership at $10.00 per hour. As is normal there are about thirty of us that show up, as we can, for the work parties out of over one thousand members. I guess I'm lucky as the board voted me a lifetime membership several years ago.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Grand Master

Baton Rouge , La. $20.00 for the day .
    Join the NRA , don't destroy a good organization just because of one man ... he can be replaced .
    Divide and conquer is the way they are going to destroy us ... and it's working , they are beating us to death .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I agree with joining the NRA. Giving them extra $$$ though? Not a chance.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    The NRA provides insurance for a lot of ranges and clubs hence the mandatory membership. Wayne is the Yasser Arafat of the Second Amendment milking the situation for all it is worth. THERE WILL NEVER BE GUN FREEDOM UNDER HIS RULE! He is just a CROOK.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    105.00 a year for unfetterd access to pistol range, rifle range 100yds, trap and skeet range, and a really nice club house for private functions, which bounds on to small lake with northern and walleyes. oh yes the range is pretty much dirt free (its covered in felt from the mill so easy to marshall the brass)

Boolit Master
    The closest gun range in my area is over 50 miles away and I think it's just for shotgun. I have a 150 yd range in my front yard so I don't pay anyone to shoot.

Boolit Master
    I own a range, so my cost is nada!

And we use NRA insurance. Insurance is not directly going to the NRA. Membership in the NRA, with 100% membership for a club gets you a discount on the insurance if I recall correctly. (My wife handles those bookkeeping chores.)

Boolit Master
    I've been shooting at Garland Public Shooting Range for years, watched the price go from $5/day to $10 to $15 to now $20.

Still, not bad considering it's all day, whatever ranges you want to shoot (pistol, rifle, shotgun), so I used to bring the kids and a cooler (water, snacks, and soft drinks) and make a day of it.

The kids are older now, so it's usually just me, and there are a few indoor ranges closer to me, so if I'm just testing loads or feel like shooting, I usually go to one of those. The closest is brand new and pretty nice, and has 100 yd rifle range indoors, but no shotgun. It's supposed to be $20/hr per lane, but if I go on a weekday they just ignore the timer and let me shoot till I'm done.

There used to be a few longer outdoor ranges around, but the city grew up around them and people complained until they got shut down.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I am a member of 3 Clubs with ranges
    Range #1 I am on the Disabled List and that is $ 25 a year ( Normally $100 )
    200 yard outdoor range
    That one is close to home and I only normally go during the week , Mid day and almost never see another person

Range #2 I am also on the Disabled list and that is $75 ( Normally $150 )
    It has a indoor 25 yard & 50 yard pistol range No Magnums and a 100 yard outdoor range ( a dirt hill ) with no benches or target stands
    Also that club also has a large private Marsh and Upland fields where they do Pheasant , Quail and Chucker releases
    But the Marsh and the Upland areas have added fees of $ 150 and $150 plus Work Hours are required

Range #3 I am a Life member , again I am on the Disabled List
    I joined as a Life member in 1983 at $25
    Now they charge $250 a year + a yearly range upkeep fee ( Again I don't have to pay )
    50 , 100 and 200 yard backstops
    I don't shoot there much as a number of the members think I don't have enough "Class" or enough $$ to drive the right car
    BUT I sign in and shoot there at least 1 time a year , as one day I MIGHT want to shoot there a lot more

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Difficult to factor in a price! A move of 1800 miles, approximately a 20% cut in salary, starting over with near nothing after a divorce, and years of somewhat demanding temperature extremes (at our home a low of less than a minus 35 to a high of 111), working a job that I detested, combined with years of hard work by my present wife and myself on our property/home, has brought us to where we are at. A nice home/property, great location, and a home shooting range of up to 300 yards. A short drive of a couple miles can extend the shooting distances to a couple thousand yards if wanted!

Years of work and sacrifice, the results.....priceless! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Buddy
    Private club, no nonmembers, $240 a year. 10 ranges with two movers , falling plates and barricades. 250 yard rifle with covered bench. This is where they hold the Bianchi Cup and also a big Glock match. Some kind of match almost every weekend.

Boolit Buddy
    Goshen Trail Longrifles and it costs me 30 dollars a year. The range is about 15 miles away and i have been shooting about 3 times a week...................Curdog

Boolit Master
    SharpShooter's in St Louis is $375 per 13 months plus discounts for vets and first responders. Theres usually a re-up sale each year where its less expensive. If just going for the day, its $20 for the whole day. 25 yard range with electric moving targets, turning targets, etc. Great BBQ at their restaurant.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Hmm, I've been doing this wrong, Paid range's run between 100-135 a year, This would outdoor ranges up to 1K yards.
    Public ranges are generally free unless its ran by the state then you have to have some sort of outdoor do-do activity license like fishing or bamboo pole.
    Sheriffs ranges are free, Just call ahead and make sure it's open to the public day.
    But I never figure in gas, stopping at the boudin joint for pepper jack cheese jalapeno balls, smoked boudin plus a pop rouge.
    Dollar gentry store for targets.
    I guess it all adds up but hey, You can't put a price on a little R&R.
    If you got em' Shoot em'

Boolit Buddy
    Belong to an indoor range (pistols only)...$100/year and an outdoor range (up to 200 yds) $60/year. Indoor range has 10 lanes and it's almost always empty when I go. The outdoor range usually only has a 2-5 people around when there isn't a match going on. Matches are on Saturday mornings only.

Boolit Master
    I don't shoot at a range. My brother has one on his land and I have a pistol / shotgun / .22 at the local Izaak Walton property ten minutes away. I guess there are advantages to living in the sticks sometimes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast