Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Prayer request for sparky45 and his wife

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Prayer request for sparky45 and his wife

I'm putting this prayer request up for sparky45 who commented on another thread here in the Chapel . I copied his post there . Please help him and his wife in this hard time they are in .

His comment ;

I wept; I wept. I'm in a rough spot at present with a terminally ill wife of 51 years; she has Parkinson's and is in late stages. I try my best to care for her in our house/home and it's becoming more and more of a challenge, almost daily. I dearly love her and can't stomach the idea of being separated from her when I can no longer fulfill my duties to her, or that I die. I pray she will die here, at home and not have to go through the almost inhumane treatment(s) at a "care facility". Maybe I'm selfish and thinking only of myself, but the first time we together witnessed a parent in that situation, I made my wife promise me to NEVER let me become a resident of a "care facility" and I vowed the same to her.
    I'm almost 76 years old and a past Deacon in our Church and I'm struggling with this dilemma. A prayer for us would be very lifting. Thank you Boaz for your continued comforting messages.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thanks for moving this here, Charlie.
    I pray for God's blessing for sparky 45 and his wife as they navigate this difficult situation. May God bring His mercy and grace, His strength and comfort. In Jesus name. Amen
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Very noble of you Sparky45 to be there during these trying times. Perhaps a family member or church member can help assisting you in order you may find some rest. Keep the faith brother, I'm praying for the two of you.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    My prayers will be for him and his wife. I can relate to him.

Boolit Master
    God bless you Boaz for the work you do. I will lift up Sparky45 and his wife.

Boolit Master

We are honored to hold Sparky and his wife up in prayer, Heavenly Father You are the great physician and all things are under Your control. We come asking that You will look in on this situation and will give strength to Sparky as he cares for his wife and that his wife will be able to be kept home and cared for there, Father we are humbled to be able to make our prayers known to You and we have faith that You will answer according to Your will and purpose. We ask these things in Jesus Name and Amen.

Boolit Buddy
    My prayers go up for Sparky and his wife. My wife and I are dealing with both of her parents that have late stage Alzheimer's and are still living home. I can relate and my heart goes out to you Sparky!

Boolit Grand Master

My prayers go with you. Around here there are home care companies who will come into your home and do a free evaluation to see how much care and what specific help you need. They are experts in arranging payment through Medicare and Medicaid as well. I would advise you to find one in your area and have them come into your home and do an evaluation. It may take a load off your mind, as well as your back. Their goal is the same as yours, to keep people in the home as long as possible.

Do not try to do this alone, you cannot. John Hopkins Press has had a book out for at least 40 years, updated every year, on dealing with Alzheimer's patients. The title of the book is "The 36 Hour Day" and the whole point of the book is that there is no such thing as a 36 hour day, but that is what it takes to care for the patient - i.e. you cannot do it alone, it is impossible - you need to build a team of support, professional and personal. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's - in the latter stages there is not a whole lot of difference.

Everybody tries to do too much - it is part of our nature. Until you get help you will continue to fail. My Mom died of ALS and I tried to get my Dad to understand this, he was a stubborn Yankee but he finally got it.

Wayne
    Last edited by Wayne Smith; 06-29-2021 at 09:06 AM.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

USMC 77, USRA 79

sparky made my daily prayer list...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

God's peace and comfort to Sparky and his wife, in the name of Christ Jesus.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    My prayers go with you. Around here there are home care companies who will come into your home and do a free evaluation to see how much care and what specific help you need. They are experts in arranging payment through Medicare and Medicaid as well. I would advise you to find one in your area and have them come into your home and do an evaluation. It may take a load off your mind, as well as your back. Their goal is the same as yours, to keep people in the home as long as possible.

Do not try to do this alone, you cannot. John Hopkins Press has had a book out for at least 40 years, updated every year, on dealing with Alzheimer's patients. The title of the book is "The 36 Hour Day" and the whole point of the book is that there is no such thing as a 36 hour day, but that is what it takes to care for the patient - i.e. you cannot do it alone, it is impossible - you need to build a team of support, professional and personal. Alzheimer's and Parkinson's - in the latter stages there is not a whole lot of difference.

Everybody tries to do too much - it is part of our nature. Until you get help you will continue to fail. My Mom died of ALS and I tried to get my Dad to understand this, he was a stubborn Yankee but he finally got it.

Wayne
    I am a retired Registered Nurse of 45 years and I get it Wayne; and I appreciate what you say. At present I'm in the first stage of looking for a caregiver and a housekeeper. Looking around this morning, I can see that I've let things slide simply because I'm getting exhausted. Last night we were up 3 times for potty breaks and dealing with paranoia and hallucinations. We live in a small rural area and access to quality Healthcare facilities and providers doesn't exist. We have a Neurologist (specializing in Parkinson's pts) , great caring guy but he is over 100 miles from us and we only get to see him at best once a year. Hard for him to provide good care when my wife's condition is constantly changing; more so in the last 3 months. We are going to plug along and do our best without being a burden to family or the Healthcare system. Thank you again for your/everyones thoughts and prayers.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

Cast Boolits Owner

Prayers sent.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

I've prayed for you and your wife, Sparky. Sometimes things seem totally black, but he will sort it out for us.

DG

Boolit Bub

Prayed, God is all sufficient
    Reduce the issue, ignore the drama

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers sent.

Boolit Master

Dear Lord, we pray that you will provide the care that Sparky and his wife need so badly. Help them through this time in Jesus name we pray.

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, Thanks for moving sparky45's post.....

Father, I come to You to pray for comfort for sparky45's wife. Father they have been together for 51 years and are completely in love with each other. Father please give sparky45 the wisdom and strength to attend to his wife and show her the love that they have shared for all of their married life. Father, show him the way and walk with both of them as they travel the path unto You. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Many prayers sent. We serve an awesome God, and He can do awesome things! Trust in Him fervently-Faith can move mountains.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp