Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: bullet pullers

Boolit Mold

bullet pullers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front view .jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	285305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side view.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	285306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22 caliber bullet puller.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	285307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30 caliber bullet puller.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	285308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	243 caliber bullet puller.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	285309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	284 caliber bullet puller.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	285310

[B]Can anyone tell me about these bullet pullers? I believe the numbers stamped on them represent the caliber of bullet. In case you can't see the numbers, they are 22, 30, 234, and 284.

Who is the manufacturer? When were they made? What type of press were they used on? What the value of these items might be?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I believe they screw into the top of your press where the dies go.

You will notice the hole is slightly under size and the four sides/wings of the puller will move up as you raise the ram as the bullet goes through the puller.

Raise the ram until the bullet is through the hole, stopping before any of the case contacts the bottom of the puller.

Lower the ram and the sides/wings will grip the bullet and not allow it to slide down, leaving the bullet held in the puller by the sides/wings as the case is drawn downward away from the bullet.

Push the bullet out with the next round or use something else solid on top of the case holder to push the bullet up and out.

Saw them years ago and can’t remember who manufactured them.

You probably already figured that out….
    Sorry I can’t help more.

Boolit Master

The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Grand Master

Yep Forester redding the name was super fast or push thru. I have several and they are fast. Push 1 st round in and pull second pushes bullet out and can then be pulled. They screw on a 7/8 14 press

Boolit Master

Are those plastic? Wonder if i can 3D print myself a set lol. Beats me and a pair of vice grip on the press.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

Looks like a good idea ... but when used in a regular C press ... it kinda sucks .
    Had 550 Military 30-06 to pull ( AP's at that) ...marked up the FMJ AP bullets pretty good and on the 23rd round a piece of the jaw snapped off . Finished the other 527 with a Kinetic Puller by seating the projectiles just a little deeper it broke the crimp and black bullet sealant ... they came right out and I saved every bullet and every primed case ... Armor Piercing bullets didn't grow on trees back then ...
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Are those plastic? Wonder if i can 3D print myself a set lol. Beats me and a pair of vice grip on the press.

Nope the fingers are spring steel. The body is steel.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

The top plate is made of spring steel.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Looks like a good idea ... but when used in a regular C press ... it kinda sucks .
    Had 550 Military 30-06 to pull ( AP's at that) ...marked up the FMJ AP bullets pretty good and on the 23rd round a piece of the jaw snapped off . Finished the other 527 with a Kinetic Puller by seating the projectiles just a little deeper it broke the crimp and black bullet sealant ... they came right out and I saved every bullet and every primed case ... Armor Piercing bullets didn't grow on trees back then ...
    Gary
    I have them in a bunch of calibers and have had zero issues. Not sure how many M118 7.62 bullets I pulled to make Mexican match but I do know it's over 8,000. Same for the 5.56. I pulled maybe 10,000 M193 55 grain bullets with mine.

When Forster Superfast Bullet Pullers were discontinued they closed the out for $2.99 so I purchase a bunch. Some even in calibers I didn't have and no I am not interested in selling any.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Nope the fingers are spring steel. The body is steel.
    Drats...

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Grand Master

They arnt to hard to make. I have made them after they were discontinued. I used cold roll steel for the body and ring and heavy banding for the jaws.

Turn and bore body up the cup depth need to be the thickness of the banding + .180.

outer ring id a press fit in the cup and .125 thick. .010 bevel on the inside face deeper to the center. .100 wall is fine here

Jaws turn od to .005-.010 larger than the cup id and drill and bore hoe to caliber size polish and break edges in hole full radius on out side. cut into four jaws with a thin blade. the
    slightly larger dia when inserted provides the grip.

When assembling set jaws in place with a disc of tracing paper on them then press ring in place

Made and assembled this way the jaws lift freely reducing scratches on the bullets but still grip solidly.