RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Sunday and church

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Sunday and church

It's Sunday . It was a good day at church . Big thunderstorms last night and attendance was not up to par though . Can't figure out why rain would keep most from coming . LOL , but I figure some look for any excuse to 'get out' of going to church . It's the same in all churches though . In my lifetime I stand guilty as charged also . But as I got older I figured out that I ought to give GOD one day a week at least . When I think about all he's done for me , my family and friends it's a small thing . GOD rarely asks a lot from us it seems to me in comparison to all he gives . In my simplistic thinking I'd probably say first that he created me . YEP ! I wouldn't even be here except for him . He gave me my children . He has sustained me . He gave me many experiences that help me understand others . I'm not a rich man except in what he has given . He is my GOD . He is my creator..my heavenly father . He loves me and is always with me . I love him for all of it .

A good song that's plenty interdenominational . I listen to it a lot . Our Lord is our vision , he is our hope . He is all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMhshpf0Y4
    No turning back , No turning back !

Christendom is unfortunately shrinking in most countries. Many factors in my opinion. Life for most is pretty good: hard times have a way of getting people to talk to God, thank Him, and petition Him for guidance. Perhaps mom and dad don't go to church anymore, so the children don't see a need. Jesus told us if we do not know Him, then after our last breath, as we come face to face with our Lord, He will not know us. Scandals among clergy don't help. Redefining sin as acceptable doesn't help. Government attempting to coerce citizens with respect to abortion, homosexuality, etc. doesn't help.

What people are missing is that God in His infinite mercy and love gives us the benefit of the doubt up until our last breath. He pours His grace on us, even though we do not deserve it. Case in point, the good thief, Dismas, who was being crucified along side Jesus. Dismas repented on the cross for his sinful life. Jesus told him that he would be in heaven, following his death.

If one is judged unworthy of eternal life, the grace that s/he enjoyed during their earthly life will be ended. That person will be condemned to an eternity of emptiness in the pit. God gives us what we want: if we spend our lives living outside His commands and living outside of a relationship with Him, then God rewards us with an eternity without Him. It's free will, and God wants us to choose Him above all things.

If one doesn't believe in heaven or hell, then satan has one more foot soldier.
    "Wherever was found what was called a paternal government was found a state education. It'd been discovered that the best way to insure implicit obedience was to commence tyranny in the nursery." -Benjamin Disraeli

Boolit Master

Amen, And thank you for your testimony!

Boolit Grand Master

Every day is dedicated to God, Sunday is when I take him to Church to meet with others who also bring him to Church.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    It's Sunday . It was a good day at church . Big thunderstorms last night and attendance was not up to par though . Can't figure out why rain would keep most from coming . LOL , but I figure some look for any excuse to 'get out' of going to church . It's the same in all churches though . In my lifetime I stand guilty as charged also . But as I got older I figured out that I ought to give GOD one day a week at least . When I think about all he's done for me , my family and friends it's a small thing . GOD rarely asks a lot from us it seems to me in comparison to all he gives . In my simplistic thinking I'd probably say first that he created me . YEP ! I wouldn't even be here except for him . He gave me my children . He has sustained me . He gave me many experiences that help me understand others . I'm not a rich man except in what he has given . He is my GOD . He is my creator..my heavenly father . He loves me and is always with me . I love him for all of it .

A good song that's plenty interdenominational . I listen to it a lot . Our Lord is our vision , he is our hope . He is all .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMhshpf0Y4
    I wept; I wept. I'm in a rough spot at present with a terminally ill wife of 51 years; she has Parkinson's and is in late stages. I try my best to care for her in our house/home and it's becoming more and more of a challenge, almost daily. I dearly love her and can't stomach the idea of being separated from her when I can no longer fulfill my duties to her, or that I die. I pray she will die here, at home and not have to go through the almost inhumane treatment(s) at a "care facility". Maybe I'm selfish and thinking only of myself, but the first time we together witnessed a parent in that situation, I made my wife promise me to NEVER let me become a resident of a "care facility" and I vowed the same to her.
    I'm almost 76 years old and a past Deacon in our Church and I'm struggling with this dilemma. A prayer for us would be very lifting. Thank you Boaz for your continued comforting messages.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Every day is dedicated to God, Sunday is when I take him to Church to meet with others who also bring him to Church.
    I like it expressed like that.

Seems many of us, including me, wonder why more people aren't more like us. But, as I've aged and seen more of life, I sometimes wonder why it has taken me so long to understand others better. Like heavy rains and church.

Joining together with other believers is a wonderful opportunity but some folk will indeed grab any excuse to stay home.

On the other hand, a lot of people who are seriously hurting or feeling poorly just don't want to run through heavy rain in a church parking lot. A lot of young mothers don't want to tow young children through rain either. And a lot of old folk just don't hurry through rain or anything else as well as they once did. I've now experienced enough of life to truly understand all of that ... and I think Jesus does too!

Sparky45 you will be in my thoughts and you most assuredly have my prayers . I realize the hard place your in right now . If you don't mind I'll copy your post and make a prayer request in the Chapel for you . More people will be offered the opportunity to give prayer . Let me know on this thread or message me .

Charlie

Boolit Master

Thank you again Charlie, I appreciate your thoughts.

Next Sunday is a big day for our church . Our pastor who worked through GOD to start the church died last August . He has been our only pastor for 24 years . He did amazing work . We have many outreach activities , a drug rehab program that has had great success . A very good youth program . I could go on but the point is him and his wife poured their hearts into our church .

We have not had a 'steady' preacher for over a year . But we have several excellent lay pastors that have carried us through with no problems . We have not lost any members that I'm aware of , our core of convicted men and women have done an excellent job keeping everything together . In fact we are even stronger . I'm very proud of each of them .

A pulpit committee was voted on they they have done well . Though disheartened at the loss of our pastor the church is doing well . The pulpit committee has taken their time and and done well . Four weeks ago after interviewing and discussion with him a pastor was selected to come preach and get to know us . He (in my opinion) gave a very good sermon . He has a wife and three boys , though I never asked I'd say he's in his mid thirty's . The congregation overwhelming voted him to be our new pastor . He was pasturing a church in Dallas , He has moved here and will start preaching next Sunday . If you can please pray that this is what GOD wants . Pray for a smooth transition for everyone . Thank you .

Charlie
    Last edited by Boaz; 07-01-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Prayers for His will to be revealed.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, We have had this conversation on numerous phone calls and in person. You are preaching to the choir and it gives me so much comfort to know that He is walking right beside me and other Christians as we daily trek the path that we have chosen. I would hate to think that the path I have chosen was in front of me without God being right beside me. Thanks Charlie....you are a good friend and a great reminder!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan