WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Chamber Reamers worth?

Banned

Chamber Reamers worth?

A friend of mine who makes it to auctions and estate sales who also is my FFL transfer guy, had a set of .30-06 reamers, looked like both a chamber reamer and a finish reamer and three gauges that looked like go/no-go gauges in a wooden box.

Stuff he can't use (he's not a reloader, so I've gotten some good deals from him) he sells off. I had not a clue to tell him what these might bring. Any ideas?

I think Brownell's sells new ones.
    I'd check the prices on them, and go from there.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

Solid pilot verse bushing and who the manufacture is affects the price greatly as does condition. eBay will give you an idea of value.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

You need a good eye when looking at used reamers. They can look good and not cut worth beens. New 30-06 reamers can run between $100 and $200 depending on brand and type and pilot. Also there are reamers out there with no throat built in so that part of the chamber has to be cut also. A friend gave me about 40 old reamers and some of them are usable but the rest would cost almost as much as a new one to get them sharpened again. Gauges usually don't go bad if taken care of. I use to get them for about $8 each but now they are closer to $50 with shipping and some places want $75. The 30-06 head space gauges can be used for 25-06,6.5-06, 270, 8MM-06, 338-06 and 35 Whelen.

$50-$75 for the finish reamer
    $25 each for the gauges - $60 for the set (is the third a "Field" gauge??)
    You say chamber and finish??? Is the other reamer a roughing reamer - if so, $40. If it is a FL die reamer - maybe $50. If both are finish then $50 -$75. Live pilots add $25 to value.

These are what I would pay for them, but 30-06 is quite common and most everybody that wants them, already has them. They don't take up much space, so you could sit and wait until you get your asking price. If you need $$ quickly, $125 for the lot, and somebody will buy them for that "someday" project.