MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocking tapatalk popup

Blocking tapatalk popup

I am tired of clicking no to tapatalk. I want to find a way to block it from ever appearing again. Did a quick search but because of the signature addition that app makes, i dont think the search feature would help at all.
    A duck duck go search lead me to believe it would be a setting on each individual forum.

It wasnt bad when i only had to click no once or twice a year. But now its every day at least.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Amen. If you find a way, please let us know.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master

Indeed. It only happens here, so there is something different about this site software.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I tried Tapatalk and it horrible. If you find out how to disable the popup I’ll owe you a cold one.

Boolit Buddy

Tapatalk works great for me. Wondering what you all don’t like about it?

Boolit Grand Master

It lacks the functionality of the full website.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Buddy

Agreed. But on my phone it provides enough functionality for my purposes. It uploads photos way easier than the website, in my opinion. I’m on multiple computers all day long, all belonging to my employer, so tapatalk and my phone seems ok to me.

Boolit Grand Master

I have no issue with you liking it or using it. I want the functionality and display format of the full site. I don’t want the site asking me to use software I don’t have or want every day.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    Tapatalk works great for me. Wondering what you all don’t like about it?
    First of all tapatalk slows things down considerably loading its ads and once one of those ads started blaring sounds that was it tapatalk got the boot from my tablet.

Boolit Master

I had to look up what tap talk is. Looks like a phone app. I use my phone as a phone. Yeah im old school lol.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Buddy

I just remembered I purchased the upgrade to tapatalk a few years ago … yeah, I paid money to turn off the ads. Seems kind of dumb when I put it in writing … lol.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    I just remembered I purchased the upgrade to tapatalk a few years ago … yeah, I paid money to turn off the ads. Seems kind of dumb when I put it in writing … lol.
    Isn’t it a subscription model ? I wouldn’t mind to pay once but pay monthly ? No, thank you not enough value added.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    It lacks the functionality of the full website.
    I didn’t like having different user interfaces. I want my info the same way no matter if I’m using my laptop, iPad or iPhone.

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I have no issue with you liking it or using it. I want the functionality and display format of the full site. I don’t want the site asking me to use software I don’t have or want every day.
    Are you referring to the Tapatalk pop up which indicates Castboolits is best view on your device using the Tapatalk app?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Yes I believe so, on my phone it pops up on the bottom of my screen and it makes me either continue to the website or go to tapatalk. It's been on several phones over the years.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Cast Boolits Owner

That pop up is related to using a device other than a computer - such as a phone or tablet. I mostly use the google browser on Apple devices to access the forum. Every once in a while I will get a pop up asking me if I want to use the Tapatalk App to access the site. I believe the pop up is related to the device wanting to use the app vs the web browser.

Although it is the desire to ensure compatibility over all devices I cannot guarantee compatibility due to the mind boggling amount of device types, operating system types, and browser types.

In short, I believe it’s your device attempting to “sell” you the idea of using an app more easily supported by them.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

ADMIN

Recently there was a change made on Apple devices and it deals specifically with Safari.
    If you click a link it will ask you if you want to continue on Safari or Tapatalk.
    I agree that is VERY annoying.

I only use safari when I click a emailed link and it by default opens safari.
    Mostly I use Google Chrome on my Iphone.
    Also concerning Tapatalk, I want to say the "PRO" version was only a one time fee of $9.99 or something at the time. I spent the money and its worked great for me.
    As far as the sent via Tapatalk signature, I can help you with that.

In the App, click on the Home button. - this just gets us on the same page.
    Any websites you have linked to tapatalk will show up here.
    In the lower right hand corner it shows a Person and says ME under it.
    Click on ME
    Click on Settings
    Click on Signature
    You have the option at the top to totally turn off the Signature on ALL forums if you want OR
    Below it lists each forum that is linked.
    Click on the forum you want to edit (Cast Boolits) and it will pop up with the SHOW SIGNATURE slider and below will show what your current signature is. By default it says for me - Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk -

What I LOVE about Tapatalk is the way it handles subscriptions.
    Under notifications it will post up any sections you are subscribed to and any discussions that have happened since you were last on and that are unread.
    I subscribe to the S&S main forum so I get notified instantly on every post that is placed.
    Not that I want to snatch up the deals but I like to catch issues ASAP.

Something I don't like it that it will start following a Tapatalk user and notify on any postings they do. This doesn't happen for ALL but maybe for any that you have had contact with.
    I just swipe to the left and unfollow.

Also there is a YOU tab. This shows your activity and also will show when people quote you.

The forum has been setup to allow the majority of the sections to be accessible via Tapatalk.

If you need any other help with Tapatalk just shoot me a PM and I will help you.
    During the week I am extremely busy right now but hopefully it will ease up soon.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Are you referring to the Tapatalk pop up which indicates Castboolits is best view on your device using the Tapatalk app?
    Yes sir.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by HATCH View Post
    Recently there was a change made on Apple devices and it deals specifically with Safari.
    If you click a link it will ask you if you want to continue on Safari or Tapatalk.
    I agree that is VERY annoying. -snip-
    Interesting that it only happens on this site. I go to several other forums. None of the others have the Tapatalk popup.

ADMIN

Are the other sites you go to linked to your Tapatalk?

I can take a peek in the settings for CB to see if there is a setting but I have had this happen on two other sites that are linked to Tapatalk in my phone.
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast