RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, June 25

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, June 25

Good morning all. Today's devotion is a great way to start the weekend. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, June 25, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Called-Out Ones

“For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”
    —Galatians 3:26

I think one of the great features of the church today is that we have people of different backgrounds, different races, and different ages coming together under the banner of Jesus Christ.

Paul wrote in Galatians 3, “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (verses 26–28 NKJV).

Yet there are a lot of churches today that want to gear their entire church toward a specific group of people based on certain demographics.

But we need to be careful with this because the Church is made up of true believers from every background. Regardless of who you are, if you are a follower of Jesus Christ, then you are a part of His Church.

Jesus said, “On this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18 NKJV).

The word Jesus used here for “church” is the Greek word ekklēsia, which means “called-out ones.” The Jews used this word to describe themselves as a unique group of people, a unique race. And some Gentiles used it in describing a community.

But here Jesus used it in a unique context, which wasn’t for only Jews or for people living in a community together. He was saying, “I’m going to build a new unit of believers. But it’s not just for Jews. It’s not just for Gentiles. It’s for everyone.” That was a revolutionary thought.

Now, there may be a place for specialized ministry to various groups, but we must not allow that to overshadow God’s primary desire of bringing us all together. That’s one of the great testimonies of the church.

We are the called-out ones—called together, called to worship the Lord.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, A great truth to start the day!

Boolit Mold
    Very Good, Amen

Boolit Grand Master

Amen - we all need to overcome racial prejudices.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Amen - we all need to overcome racial prejudices.
    I think we need to broaden that.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.