Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Records temps coming out here next week.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    No worries, When Uncle Joe declares a ''Climate Lockdown''we can all sit at home under his mandatory orders to set all thermostats to 75 degrees.
    This is for the good of the planet and lets not forget The children !
    Oh and btw you'll need a pass in order to drive you're car to work and back...if you're an essential worker.
    Better get those bicycles up to speed !
    This one made me laugh! Spot on.

Idaho, try installing a box fan (or two, or three) on an upper floor window pointed OUT. That will suck in “cool” air from the lower levels, and blow the hot air in the upper levels out.

I have an old farmhouse, also. We have AC units that we can use, but I try to NOT use them. I have found that the body acclimates to hot temperatures in a very short time. Even my wife, who is not one to smile upon “hardship”, has found that she sleeps ok at night on hot nights after “getting used to it.” I am trying to instill in my kids the mindset of “sucking it up.” It’s a pain a times but, as someone said above, “they didn’t have it in the old days. Were they tougher than we are?” Maybe I’m an “old curmudgeon” born to late, but I think it’s good to suffer [I]a little.[I]

8mmFan

Boolit Master
    We bought our last house about 5 years ago in Eureka MT. It's expected to get about 103 here but our house has a geothermal heat pump.The previous owner said there is about 2000 feet of underground pipe and it works great without costing a lot to run. It holds the temp at whatever it is set, but the system cost about $30,000.

I think if I didn't have any cooling system and funds were tight, I would probably try to find a swamp cooler. They are not the best but they are a lot better than nothing and cost very little to operate.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm surprised that it hasn't been all that bad here.
    Very humid a few days, but not real hot.
    Now that I said that, we'll probably get up into the high 90' tomorrow.

AC works like crap where the humidity is low ,adding a small portable swamp cooler really helps AC do it’s job.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I've lived most of my life without AC. 79 uncomfortable, really? Even now, I have AC, and the house is currently 76 on the thermostat as comfortable as can be. I had the AC turned on, set at 75 the past couple weeks when it was 99+ all day, every day day (even at night it only got down to the upper 80's), but I now that it is only in the upper 80's for a day high temp I have it turned off again. It says it will hit 103 today, but I'll be at work for the next 10 hours anyway. I mean do people really have AC and keep their house at 65 all summer?
    We keep ours on 77*. Runs half as much as 76* and after working outside all day in construction it still feels darn nice when I come home.

Boolit Master
    its getting hotter, spring at Thoreaus cabin is now more than 2 weeks earlier than it was in his time, a bunch of plants and flowers he described in his writings no longer exist there. this is just one example of our warming planet. places that are hot and dry are getting more and more hot and dry and wet places are getting wetter. it seems to be a long term trend. ask the folks in Alaska if things have changed in the last 50 years.
    I remember heat waves of the past in my lifetime, the one in Paris where a whole bunch of folks died from excessive heat comes to mind first.
    if you think you cannot afford a $200 ac unit, you might want to make the investment, can't go shooting when suffering from heat exhaustion.
    I remember growing up in Florida, when winter would break and it started getting hot we would go lay out a pool and sweat till you couldn't sweat any more and then jump in pool and repeat, did this for a week or so too acclimate to heat. now that I'm older its much more difficult to acclimate.
    a little window unit in my house is all that's needed to cool things down a bit when heat get excessive.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Must be Spangle? I'm down Highway 27 in Palouse.
    Nailed it.

.429&110 ours is a Mitsubishi with 3 indoor units. Only one required a condensate pump (interior wall), the other two are on outside walls and drain direct.

Boolit Master

I live in a hot and humid area. Raised in houses w/o AC. When I returned from the service in '72, Mom and Dad had put in Central heat and air. Nice. We are having Temps of 92-96, right now. Keep the house at 72. Humidity at 50%.
    Does good, monthly electric bill around 150. Can't complain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12