WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: RCBS Chargemaster

Boolit Master

RCBS Chargemaster

My RCBS Chargemaster no longer makes a beep. Anyway to make it start beeping again as I sometimes pull the pan out before it is done. RCBS will not talk about repairing it as they contract out to make it.

Cast Boolits Owner

When did you purchase the item and are you the original purchaser/owner? If you are the original owner and purchased it within the last year I would say you have a beef. If you meet neither of those qualifications the RCBS warranty specific to the item does not apply. They are pretty good about their warranty so I will guess by their response that your item is out of their warranty period.

Straight from their —> site <—:

“ LIMITED WARRANTY
    ChargeMaster Scale/Combo/Dispenser, RangeMaster Scale, AmmoMaster Chronograph

Your ChargeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Combo, RangeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Dispenser or AmmoMaster Chronograph is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. All RCBS products are intended for non-commercial use by hobbyists. Any other use of these products will void the warranty. Should you believe that ChargeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Combo, RangeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Dispenser or AmmoMaster Chronograph is defective in material or workmanship, you must return the ChargeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Combo, RangeMaster scale, ChargeMaster Dispenser or AmmoMaster Chronograph to Ammunition Accessories Inc. through its Oroville operation (hereinafter "Oroville Operations") postage paid for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at Oroville Operations' option, at no charge.

Send a dated proof of purchase to Oroville Operations along with the product information and reason for return to:

Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
    605 Oro Dam Blvd
    Oroville, California 95965

Warranty services cannot be provided without meeting the above requirements.

TO ENSURE ACCURACY OF YOUR WARRANTY INFORMATION, SEND YOUR WARRANTY CARD TO:
    Ammunition Accessories Inc., Oroville Operations
    605 Oro Dam Blvd
    Oroville, California 95965”
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

Press and Hold the "Zero" ( not 0 ) button for a few seconds to turn the beep on or off.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master
    When I bought my unit from Midway 19 months ago it came with a 2 year warranty from the writing on the box and paper work. I was asking about the beeper not working and the person I talked to said they don't repair the item as they didn't build it. The person I talked to knew nothing about the RCBS Chargemaster, couldn't even tell me where I could send it to be fixed.

Thanks Kevinakaq I will try that.

Boolit Master
    The basic RCBS' warranty is one year; that alone is evidence that electronic scales are flakey. (Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my 1965 Lyman/Ohaus scale is still dead on ... and it's really no better than any other beam type powder scale.)

Sadly, your ChargeMaster, et al, really can't be fixed. They are made to be tossed out and exchanged if they fail during the warranty period.