RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Annual Glock Thread!!

The Annual Glock Thread!!

It's here! Time to talk about Glock, the fantastic plastic that conquered the world! Love 'em or hate 'em, you've most likely got one-- or maybe even more! Tell us about yours, whatever model, barrel length, modification, or caliber. Why do you like yours? Make converts. You can discuss fixing them, making them from 80% receivers, and how on one dark night in an alley one saved your bacon. All things Glock. Photos encouraged.

To get things rolling, here is one of mine. Actually, I have three, but two left for vacation in the Alps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM002088.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	284975

DG

Had 2. Didn't like them. Won't own another.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve got 3, all Gen 4: A 17, 19, and a 43. I had a 26 but sold it when the 43 hit the market about 6 years ago. I hated everything about them until I held a 4th Gen. I know I’m definitely in the minority, but I thought the 4th Gen was the pinnacle. Don’t get me wrong, I view them as a tool, but tools are worthy of respect as well. I’d imagine that the way I view Glocks now is similar to the way the S&W M10 and Colt OP were viewed in the 50’s. Tools.

Now I need to find a Glock 20, 31 & 32 Gen 4 before they go out of production. I can’t stand to have a set that doesn’t match.

That’s a nice pistol DG, is that a Gen 3, 40?

Boolit Master
    I have seven of them. Many years ago I said I would "never" own another after I got rid of a M36 and the mid size 40 S&W I had what ever that model is.

Boolit Master
    I have one, planning on selling it. I don't hate them, but there isn't anything about them that really excites me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Well, I haven’t owned one but I’ve held several. A 1911 trumps Glock, in my opinion.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    the only thing 'good' about a Glock is the price point, that is, its a cheap gun.
    accuracy is not really great, finish is not particurlarly great, nothing about it is really 'great'
    it is merely 'good' for its price point.
    it is good in all aspects, but not great at anything

Super Moderator

I had one, a Glock 17C. I bought it for use in IPSC and IDPA matches. I ended up trading it off because it just didn't fit my hands well, or feel very comfortable shooting it. Accuracy was good, reliability was excellent, I just didn't like it so down the road it went. It's all a personal choice so I'm not knocking the platform. For the competitions, I got a Para Ordnance P14-45 and never looked back. For carry it's a Kimber Classic Model Custom 45ACP, one of the very guns first produced in Clackamas, OR. before Kimber moved to New York.

Boolit Master

As far as conquering the world goes, I don't have a single Glock in the safe, but the last time I looked a SIG 320, a Kahr, and three different flavors of Ruger polymer-framed pistols had crawled in there. And then there is also the AR 9mm carbine that takes Glock magazines. Maybe, just maybe, these new-fangled plastic pistols aren't just a passing fad.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have three. Getting rid of all my 1911’s...three gone and two to go. The Glock is a superb SD gun.

My fun guns are revolvers as I hate picking up brass. The Glocks are for when there is serious business afoot
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by zarrinvz24 View Post

That’s a nice pistol DG, is that a Gen 3, 40?
    Yes! Used police pistol purchased around 2002,

DG

I didn't warm up to the m22 .40 S&W that I had so I let it go. My daughter has a Glock .380 and my brother has a longslide 10mm; I really enjoy shooting both of those. They are easy to hit with. If they made a single stack .45, I might buy one.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Gen 3 G30 hi grip and remove the finger grooves ( just work it with sandpaper till it fits) talon grip wrap...heinie straight 8 night sights and a Jarvis barrel... Wolff non captured guide rod and 21lb recoil spring... accurate and packs easy... all i need in a carry pistol...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g30a.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	418.5 KB 
ID:	284984
    Last edited by slam45; 06-23-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Don't own any but I do have Glock Mags for my Ruger PC. Might get one to match the Ruger PC for a travel gun set. I sell a bunch of them but I personally have never cared for the triggers.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

In my opinion, there are four kinds of centerfire handguns in the world:

1. Glocks

2. 1911's

3. Revolvers

4. Those that are not worth my time

Of the first three (#4 being a great generalization), only the Glock is pretty much rust-proof, doesn't need parts hand fitted, and can pretty much be repaired by swapping a part or series of parts that might get listed on the "Causes of problems" troubleshooting checklist. While it helps if you understand how the parts interact, this is a lot less critical to keeping a Glock running that a great many other options. If you know how to change parts on one, you're usually set. Love the 1911 as I do, they really need the benefit of someone who understands what's going on under the hood. Love revolvers as I do, the "sequence of consecutive miracles" required to rotate, time, and fire all those individual chambers can easily get beyond the brainpower of the casual tinkerer.

You really can't beat a Glock's score on a matrix of simple, durable, reliable, and affordable
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

I've had 6 over the years, still have 2; a very early M23 and a very early M21.
    The others just slipped away, nothing wrong with them.
    Do just Love My Glocks, a lot more with Wolf bbl's. And captive recoil springs.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Banned

ive got 7 glocks. there good guns. I wouldnt sell them but i doubt id buy another. Not when i can get an Smith M&P thats just as good for a couple hundred less that is also alot more ergonomic. No semi auto feels better in my hand then a full sized M&P. Even the compact ones put the compact glocks to shame in that department. About any gun made feels better in the hand then a 26 or 27 or 29 without an extension mag. They do go bang everytime though but that selling point is old in the tooth. LOTS of semi autos can make that claim today. One positive about glocks though is they up till now anyway resisted the pressure to put a stupid safety on there guns. Absolute only gun ill carry with a safety is a 1911 and to be honest rarely carry them anymore. Ill add too that ive had better luck with accuracy with M&Ps vs glocks too. Especially with cast.

Picked up a Glock M37 45 GAP police surplus years ago. It has a Bar-Sto barrel and Heinie sights and will shoot with any Colt Gold Cup. I shoot it in IDPA competition. It is fun watching people trying to figure out what I'm shooting.

Boolit Buddy

Only have 2, 30 and 19. 30 is my EDC. I look at a Glock as a tool, not a fashion statement.

Boolit Master
    I have a 1988 vintage Glock 22 and added a Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel for fun, also a Glock 19.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast