WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Annual 1911 Auto Thread!

Boolit Master

Love the pictures. Wish I trusted myself to post pictures. I have several 1911's that will only leave by the reading of my will.

First was the Kimber Custom Classic, then Para Ordnance P-13 and P-12. Next was the Para TacFour LDA. Finally last year the Dan Wesson ECP.

I've accumulated enough magazines for them to insure that I am never short. The Para mags mostly came from CDNN and almost every one required a replacement spring. Luckily, Wolf still has them.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    My first and only picked up last year. Springfield Loaded, lots of stuff I didn’t know I needed. Picked it up as a great deal from a fella who was selling off safe queens, he got it a couple of years prior when prices were good. Never fired or registered with SF for the warranty.. except for one box of factory ball ammo it has only ever seen a diet of my cast bullets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F26BFCF9-F521-4253-A2AC-6BF6D80F7D39.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	285371

Nice pistol, Metric!

Here's another of mine. The grips are golden locust, made by a local craftsman.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM004758.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	285376

DG

I just decided I needed a 1911 a few months back. Been a long time since I kept one. I can’t tell you how many new S&W revolvers I’ve bought in my life. I bought 2 new 1911s in early 70s. I’ve owned dozens of them, mostly GI issue. Anywho decided Iwanted Social Engineering Adjustment Tool. None finer has been made than 1911. I wanted a Commander from 70s era. I finally got one a couple weeks back. Was an expensive quest. I kept running into series 70 MK IVs and buying them and a couple Springfields to boot. My Commander is so nice I hate to carry it. Back to the drawing board to hunt for plain jane Commander with honest wear. Got plenty of trade bait now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE8ABE99-934E-4631-8BF3-D8783A5E6C87.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	285377

Boolit Master

Drm that is a stunning Commander!

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Buddy

I found a slide with US&S CO Swissvale, Pa USA. On the left side. Blank on the right side. Has an upside-down p just above grip hashes on the left side. I was wondering if it has any value. Looks like it was made between 1938 and 1943. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, an US&S slide would have value. There were relatively few US&S pistols produced, and they bring very high collector prices. Somewhere out there is a frame looking for a slide.

DG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123