Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got my bike fixed today!

Boolit Master
    What a timely thread. I have a Lynskey Sportive and a Surly Long Haul Trucker. I was a hard core roadie at one time, and toured thousands of miles on the LHT I then bought some acreage, so the gardening and grounds take the time I use to ride. A few years ago I returned to motorcycles, but this this week I dusted off the LHT, ordered some platform pedals and large new tires. I removed the fenders and racks yesterday and plan to start using it for short rides around the property and gravel, I refer to it as the "naked trucker now" I'm thinking of selling the Lynskey titanium, as I'm sure my long fast road rides are probably over. I've got the hots for a Gates belt drive with an internal rear geared hub rite now.

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I'm still riding a Peugeot road bike made in France that I brought home from Germany in 1983. Just sold the wife's Bianchi Nirone 7. Looking at getting a couple of trail bikes. I live on the boundary of a 2200 preserve that has trails. Need something with big tires, lots of sand here and it gets very loose in the winter when it's dry.
    Funny how some things seem to follow us around, my first serious bike was a Dutch, Batavus European touring bike I got for $20.00 at a yard sale. Good bike, but small for me being a 26''. I then happened across the Peugeot touring bike at a church yard sale, $5.00 dry rot tires, but still a great deal, and the bike fit me being a 27''. A couple years later at a small local gun show a guy had a Peugeot Orient Express he wanted to sell right there at his table. I think he wanted $150.00 for it, but after buying other items, including a gun, I had $120.00 in my pocket and the deal was done. The Orient Express is like a mountain bike, but without suspension, 21 gears and big fat tires. It's a joy to ride on the roads, but a little big for me, (28'' tires? large frame?) when straddling it at a stop, I'm on my tippy-toes. I never even heard of Peugeot bikes before, now I have two of them. I gave the Batavus (never heard of them either) to a kid down the road who got lots of use from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    Funny how some things seem to follow us around, my first serious bike was a Dutch, Batavus European touring bike I got for $20.00 at a yard sale. Good bike, but small for me being a 26''. I then happened across the Peugeot touring bike at a church yard sale, $5.00 dry rot tires, but still a great deal, and the bike fit me being a 27''. A couple years later at a small local gun show a guy had a Peugeot Orient Express he wanted to sell right there at his table. I think he wanted $150.00 for it, but after buying other items, including a gun, I had $120.00 in my pocket and the deal was done. The Orient Express is like a mountain bike, but without suspension, 21 gears and big fat tires. It's a joy to ride on the roads, but a little big for me, (28'' tires? large frame?) when straddling it at a stop, I'm on my tippy-toes. I never even heard of Peugeot bikes before, now I have two of them. I gave the Batavus (never heard of them either) to a kid down the road who got lots of use from it.
    ...or the Bianchi that had an engraved frame. Yup....engraved. Just like on guns. Very light and tasteful at the butt ends of the aluminum frame.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    ...or the Bianchi that had an engraved frame. Yup....engraved. Just like on guns. Very light and tasteful at the butt ends of the aluminum frame.
    I did a search on google for bike manufacturers, hundreds of them, all over the world. A good many started in business in the 1880's including, Peugeot. Also many made firearms first, then bicycles when it became a profitable venture simply because of the skill and machinery needed to make them. I must say, I've never seen an engraved bike, but shouldn't be surprised.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Same here,We hit the dump until we had enough parts to build a couple bikes complete with ape hangers and banana seats.
    Rode all over the place,Built jumping ramps and busted that tail plenty of times !
    LIKE ! ... LIKE ! ... LIKE !

Ape hangers and banana seats ... remember them well . That was an interesting style !

Having trouble getting bike parts ... check out a local dump , you never know what you gonna find and the price is always right !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    Friend moving to TEXAS gave me his old bike.
    Tires flat so I put air in them.
    Was going to try it out, but it started to rain.
    Working on something else, I heard a POP!!!!
    Tire tube blew out.
    Tire looked good, so I get a new tube.
    Fixed it and..............POP!!!!
    Other tire tube blew out.
    That tire sidewall was "Not to good".
    Bike tires are expensive.
    Found a pair on evilbay and ordered them.
    Comes rolled up in a small box. Kind of cool.
    So not with new tires and tubes, I hope it's ready to go.
    So much stuff in the way, from the same friend, that I can't get to it now.
    Someday I'll get to try and ride it.
    Live on a hill, so it might not get much use anyway.
    Wonder how much a motor kit cost????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12