Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Pacific deluxe pro

Boolit Mold

Pacific deluxe pro

Hi I’m new to the forum. I just picked up a pacific deluxe pro. I’m wondering if anyone knows where to find the primer push arm? If not would anybody have one they could give me measurements and photos?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7D53780B-BF23-423A-8FA8-553F1D99E1EE.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	284899
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D3EEDE11-93A9-45E7-8808-68E2E2744380.jpg  

Rugerm77: First, Welcome to the forum. Good looking old press. As Pacific was bought up( Absorbed) in to Hornady YEARS ago, this may be a hard to find item. That said I believe this is a good place to ask. Maybe others have suggestions. (Pressman?) Good luck, hope you find the parts. Gp

Boolit Mold
    gpidaho Thanks for the response if I can’t find one to buy which I’m guessing I won’t be able too with measurements and pics shouldn’t be difficult to make

Boolit Master

Pacific deluxe pro

there is one on eBay now, with primer feed pictured. Might give you an idea. Oops, that was a completed sale, but here is a pic from the ad.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Mold
    Az Pete thanks I saw that while I was searching but I’m hoping someone here has one and doesn’t mind taking the time to measure and give me some pics of one out the press

Boolit Mold
    I found mine for $100. It works great I just would like it to be complete it did come with the primer catcher Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEB4EC4F-4708-43FF-96CE-C93714D33489.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	284904

Banned
    Rugerm77, I can get pictures tomorrow, to tired this evening. Finding the missing parts is, well you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Ken

Boolit Master
    Looks like it operates like a Dillon primer feed.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Mold
    Pressman I would appreciate it! Any chance you could pull it out and measure it with some calipers?

Boolit Master
    It's been a few years but have a few old Pacifics and just called Hornady and they mailed me the parts.

Boolit Master
    I saw another on the net that sold complete for $50 sometime back. The craziness must end and then find a complete one and sell your current one?

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 06-22-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Banned
    Rugerm77, these are the parts of the system as illustrated in the top picture. It's not too complicated, though a mill is needed to make the shaft. The handle is aluminum, 1 inch in diameter and 1.75 inches long. It is hollow allowing it to thread onto the threaded end of shaft. A 5/16" set screw then threads into the closed end of the handle, bearing against the shaft to keep it from unscrewing. The spring rides over the shaft. The primer punches are standard Pacific or any brand that uses an 8x32 threaded stem. The corresponding hole in the shaft must be drilled and tapped all the way through the shaft to allow for height adjustment.

The shaft can be made from a 1/2" bolt. It is 4.25" long, the milled flat end is 1" long and 3/8" thick. The threaded hole for the primer punch has a small recess for the punch spring to rest in. This keeps the spring in alignment and not binding. You will notice a second 8x32 threaded hole in the bottom of the shaft. As near as I can tell it is used for a cap head screw to limit shaft travel to prevent the shaft from fully retracting and picking up another primer.

Critical is the V grove along the reverse side of the shaft, this prevents the mechanism from rotating and binding. There is a round "plug" on the reverse side of the press that is the anti-rotation pin. It threads into the press and is staked in position. It should be still on your press. The V notch is 1/8" wide across the top and 1/8" deep. Having a precise fit to the pin will ensure correct operation.

This same system is used on the less expensive and less common Standard Pro aluminum frame press. For someone who primes on the press it is a good system. If not, it gives a clunky appearance and probably the reason it was removed.

If you need more help, please contact me via PM with your email address,
    Ken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9804.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	284951

Name:	IMG_9806.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	284950
    Last edited by Pressman; 06-22-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Pressman thank you very much! I have a mill and a lathe we’ll see if I can build it mine does still have the v piece in the press

Boolit Grand Master

Yours is totally different than the primer arms and cups that were missing on my Pacific Super Deluxe C press ... CH4D had/has replacement parts called Universal Priming Arms that got it up and running , you might want to file that away for future needs . They also sell shell holders and shell holder adapters that are hard to find ...these I used on an Eagle Cobra Press - new shell holder and a Lyman All American Turret- convert screw in shellholder to snap-in shellholder and this allowed me to put all three back into use . Nice helpful folks over there .
    www.ch4d.com

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Mold
    Gwpercle I just looked at that basically the same idea. Just different way to do it. This pacific takes standard shell holders. Thanks for the info

Name:	DEFD2287-050D-43B9-B6A9-8727F36E01E4.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	285101
    Also look for Bair Kodiak 150 which is what mine is. A well built machine but I couldn’t get the primer system to fly. As its a single stage I use it for my large centerfire rifle reloading and just prime off press. Bair was bought by Pacific which was then bought by Hornady. The best way to defeat your competition is to buy them out.

Boolit Mold
    Baltimoread I pretty sure I’ve seen your press. In my search for images of a primer arm. What wouldn’t work with your priming system? Or just cumbersome to use?

Couldn’t get it to feed right so it was just easier to grab the good old Lee Autoprime and prime that way no more than I reload 30 cal ammo. I do prime on press with my 550s and Lyman T2s. The Kodiak 150/Deluxe Pro is an excellent press though. I built a primer catcher initially out of a piece of scrap but at some point found an original one on ebay. Don’t quite understand the sheer size of the pin that supports the catcher though other than it a BIG press. ‘The names were changed to protect the innocent.’
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 06-24-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Banned
    Pacific did not buy Bair. Bair was the casting company that made Pacific tools. Bair became an independent tool maker when the Pacific board of directors fired the Dietmeyer, and he went to Bair and set-up a new company. The board then sold Pacific to Hornady.

I stand corrected, maybe you could say Bair was absorbed by Pacific. Either way they are good old school reloading equipment. Been building 20 ga on a DL150 yesterday for a cas match this Saturday. Going to use a Marlin Model 30 pump. Another piece of old school equipment.