WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Has any one used the Sli X prings Scraper for chamber fowling removal?

Boolit Bub

Has any one used the Sli X prings Scraper for chamber fowling removal?

I was wondering if any one on this site has used the SliXprings Scraper tool to remove the fowling from the chambers on a revolver?

The link https://www.slixprings.com/proddetai...prings-Scraper

If you have used this tool could you let me know how it works? I do shot a lot of 44spl in my 44mag revolvers and my wife does shot a decent amount of 38spl in her 357mag revolvers, and on occasion I do decide to shot 44mag loads and they will not feed until I clean the cylinder. I am also thinking of when I shot the wad cutters it will make loading 44spl RN difficult until I clean the cylinders. But I do not want to damage any of my old frame Ruger Vacaros , so I need to see if any one here has used this new tool.
    Thanks for any replies

The Slix .357 chamber scraper is wonderful.

For Cowboy Action, my wife and I shoot a lot of .38 SPL in .357 revolvers and an 1873 Winchester rifle, chambered in .357 Mag.

Each 6-stage match has 30 rounds going through each revolver and, as we share the rifle, it shoots 120 rounds per match. We also do practice shooting. (Don't tell anyone, but I don't always get around to cleaning the guns between matches, so the crud might build up pretty bad after a couple of matches, which are every two weeks during the season.)

The shorter .38 SPL definitely allows a ring to form in the chambers of both the revolver cylinder and the rifle chamber. It's not really a problem until you try to push a genuine .357 shell into the chamber. They don't "plunk" because the carbon ring offers serious resistance.

For the revolver cylinder, the Slix is designed so you can use a flat-blade screwdriver to turn the scraper counterclockwise. One or two turns and that ring is GONE.

For the rifle, you put a cleaning rod down the barrel until the rod extends into the carrier area. You then screw the Slix onto the rod and pull the scraper into the chamber. By rotating the rod clockwise ("tightening" the rod into the scraper) the scraper turns again in a counterclockwise direction, cleaning the rifle's chamber.

This scraper cleans the carbon ring off in a couple of seconds and reduces scrubbing to a minimum. I usually spray some Ballistol in and let it soak for a minute or so before scraping.

The Slix Scraper is an absolutely helpful part of my cleaning routine. I heard about them and got mine from Long Hunter. $25. https://www.longhunt.com/storelh/ind...product_id=320

Highly recommended.
    Last edited by Liberty1776; 06-21-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Liberty1776 Thank you the detailed explanation. With your positive results I will order one.