Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erythritol - A Likeable Sugar Substitute

Banned

Lloyd, do you read labels when you shop or when you decide you want a certain something from the store?
    Honestly no i dont. but then i know what i like and dont buy a bunch of new things. Most of my meat comes from wild animals and pigs i butcher myself. Or occasionaly a cow from a farmer. Do i eat processsed foods? sure i do. I eat at burger king mcdonalds pizza places too. I guess i look at it like this. Like i said i dont overeat and i exercise alot. I quit snacking other then fruit and nuts. but will have desert or an occasional dairy queen. I look around and havent seen but a handfull of 65 year old guys in as good of shape, other then my injurys from the military, as me. Take away those injurys and id honestly say im in the best shape and strongest ive ever been. I still lift weights, can still bench 250, walk, do a 100 pushups and a 100 sit ups most days.

Id bet im more healthy then some of the leaf eater who sit on there buts watching tv . My dad eats about the same. hes 80 and has been overweight for 30 of those years and not just a little. Hes made it to 89 and still goes hunting every year and still drives a car and mows his own grass. I sometimes wonder if the people worrying about that crap dont age more from worrying then i do for eating. but no i dont read labels. matter of fact my wife shops. I go in a grocery store about once every two months and no she doesnt read labels either. She gets on weight watcher kicks once in a while and then she does but she doesnt make me eat that rabbit food. I guess i look at it like this.

At 65 eating is one of my greatest pleasures. I like food. i dont eat to just survive. If God came down and struck away all the meat cheese and pasta in the world id hope hed take me along too. by the way i cant stand margarine, cant stand cool whip, and we make our own preserves out of fruit and sugar. If i die so be it but you can bet your but it wont be with a piece of lettuce or kale in my mouth. My cholesterol is never high and my doc says i have the heart of a 30 year old. To bad the back and hips and ankles arent. But like i said that has nothing to do with diet. It came from an injury.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 06-27-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Any opinions on Splenda?

DG

I've never used it. But I just looked it up and the main sweetener is sucralose. I've seen it in the ingredient labels I've read so I've eaten it. I have no negative effects from it. Splenda has been out for a very long time. If there was negative press about it we'd know by now. It's 600x sweeter than sugar. Splenda also contains real sugar, just not very much of it. They also fiddled with the serving size so that they could make the claim that it contains zero carbs. But does anyone really use 1/2 packet of Splenda? That was all according to the info I just got.

Boolit Master
    I guess I'm a sugar addict, yeah, I like the real thing, but a dozen years ago or so switched to using raw sugar, I try to limit my intake to just added in coffee in the morning, I like a little bit of coffee with my sugar and cream. my father suffered from childhood diabetes and he had all the sugar free stuff and it was then I guess developed a dislike of the substitutes. i guess the like of sugar is one of those primitive brain things, as humans we crave the stuff that's hard to get in nature like fat, salt and sweetness. before the cultivation and refinement of sugar the sweet sources of stuff was mainly fruit. but these days there is so much sugar and high fructose stuff put in the foods made easily available to us in grocery store it get difficult to figure how much sugar intake I get each day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12