Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you clean lube out of a sizer?

Boolit Mold
    With today's temps I might just put it outside! 93° in Boston right now!

Or you could have done a search for cleaning out old lube from a lubrisizer, there are multiple threads on this exact subject.

The search engine works pretty good, try several different wordings of your search if you don't find what you want..

Also go to the advanced search window if you end up with too many responses to your query.

You can limit what is searched and specific time ranges.

Good luck, there is a tremendous amount of information already here, you just dig for it.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Or you could have done a search for cleaning out old lube from a lubrisizer, there are multiple threads on this exact subject.

The search engine works pretty good, try several different wordings of your search if you don't find what you want..

Also go to the advanced search window if you end up with too many responses to your query.

You can limit what is searched and specific time ranges.

Good luck, there is a tremendous amount of information already here, you just dig for it.
    There's always at least one guy like you on forums, some kind of self-appointed moderator of forum cop.

We're not editing an encyclopedia here, we're just having a chat.

Boolit Master
    I thought he was just trying to help you find the way to get the maximum benefit from the forum archives. Guess that was a mistake.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    I thought he was just trying to help you find the way to get the maximum benefit from the forum archives. Guess that was a mistake.
    Yea, you were, I guess. It just came across the wrong way, to me, anyway. You could post that same reply to almost any new post in the forum, and probably be right. So, why do we need new posts?

I actually did I search, as I recall, but I didn't think it would be such a big deal to ask, and I knew many would know the answer right away.

ADMIN

There is always one like you as well……

If you did hit the search you would of seen several threads on this matter.

Believe it or not the majority of people are here to help.
    Some people prefer you try to help yourself before just asking for help but that’s like that everywhere.

But anyway. Good luck.

Boolit Mold
    Just did a search:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 10.05.08 PM.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	285344

If I don't specify "titles only" I get 1411 hits.

So, what do you recommend? Did anyone do this search? Maybe my search mojo isn't strong enough.

Boolit Mold
    Found another:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 10.15.17 PM.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	285346

I have multiple Lyman 45's. One came with some sort of nasty black lube in it. I'll defiitely melt that stuff out rather than lube bullets with it till it is gone. I'd be using it till the second coming. oof.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Daiute View Post
    I have multiple Lyman 45's. One came with some sort of nasty black lube in it. I'll defiitely melt that stuff out rather than lube bullets with it till it is gone. I'd be using it till the second coming. oof.
    Thanks. I was thinking the same, only because I don't know exactly what lube is in this thing. I confess I'm surprised at how man have more than one luber/sizer.

Boolit Grand Master

I have two. The RCBS has rifle lube in it, the Lyman has Black Powder/pistol lube in it. Between the two I'm covered.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    I have two. The RCBS has rifle lube in it, the Lyman has Black Powder/pistol lube in it. Between the two I'm covered.
    Too bad no one has developed something like a "turret luber," where you could select a different lube by turning a dial or moving a lever.

Boolit Master
    Two wing nuts that mount the lube sizer to the bench. Change lube and caliber and done. You may come to appreciate not having to change dies and/or lube as you gain experience. If you have not had the opportunity to change size dies, you can not appreciate what we are talking about. Yet!

I think once you have actually changed the lube in a lube sizer, and the size die, you will have a lot more appreciation for how much lube it takes to change lube in a sizer.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Daiute View Post
    No doubt the original Lyman “Ideal” lube. It’s not terrible and is still sold today.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking the same, only because I don't know exactly what lube is in this thing. I confess I'm surprised at how man have more than one luber/sizer.
    Two 45s and three 450s… 50 years of swapping, scrounging and "too good to pass up" will do that.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

I'm embarresed at how many I have. 9- 45's, .309 through .314 set up primarily with white lable BAC then .459, .515 and .575 with black powder lube then there's the 450 with .358 and a lubeamatic II with .268. Hey, we collect guns why not Lyman 45's?

Boolit Mold
    Wow, I never would have imagined folks would have more than one of these, let alone three, five, nine!

Is the primary reason that it's hard to change lubes, or that it's hard to change and adjust dies and top punches?

Boolit Master
    Pretty sure you will have a much better understanding of the issues after you perform those changes the first time. It is not that difficult, but it does take care to avoid cross threading, and understanding what you need to adjust to not have lube over the nose of the bullet or under the base of the bullet or sometimes, even both at the same time. You can either learn from the experience of others, or test the electric fence yourself.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, I never would have imagined folks would have more than one of these, let alone three, five, nine!

Is the primary reason that it's hard to change lubes, or that it's hard to change and adjust dies and top punches?
    It's nearly impossible to change from one lube to another , do a few boolits and change back to another lube ... changing "H&I" dies and top punch is a piece of cake .
    Your thought about a lube sizer that has multiple lubricants that can be selected at will ...
    That would be a winner ... I can see a market for one that held two or three different lubricants !
    A turret lube/sizer ... yeah that might be a real winner !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Convenience, pure and simple. Much easier to bolt the one you want to the bench than change the last one you used into the one you want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast