Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, June 19

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, June 19

Good morning all. This is another tough message to hear, but an important one. Have safe and blessed day.

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    It Starts at Home

“In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.”
    —1 Peter 3:7

In far too many Christian homes today the wife not only is doing her job, but she’s doing her husband’s job as well. That’s because her husband isn’t being the spiritual leader that God has called him to be.

In the book of Exodus, we find an instance in which Moses was neglecting his responsibilities in the home. He hadn’t circumcised his son, so Zipporah did it. As a result, she was very upset with Moses.

However, Moses didn’t argue with his wife because she actually was right. Zipporah was effectively saying to her husband, “You’re not doing your job here. You’re the great Moses, about to lead the Israelites out of bondage, but you’re not taking care of your family. You’re not doing the things you’re supposed to be doing.”

All too often it’s the wife who says before a meal, “We should pray.” Meanwhile, the husband is eating like a Viking with food in both hands.

It’s the wife who says, “Hey, read a Bible story to the kids and pray with them before they go to bed” or “We need to be getting ready for church.” The wife is taking the initiative in spiritual matters.

And interestingly, the Bible says that if a husband doesn’t give his wife the respect and honor she deserves, it can actually hinder his prayer life (see 1 Peter 4:3).

If husbands would do what God calls them to do and take the initiative to lead in their homes, it would change our country. Almost every social ill in America today can be traced directly to the breakdown of the family, and specifically, the absence of fathers.

As Christian men, we need to have it together in our homes. It would make all the difference in the world today if husbands would be men of God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, I agree that a lot of the men have become lazy in spiritual matters!

Boolit Master
    The last time man listened to his wife, he got tossed out of the Garden of Eden.

Boolit Mold
    VERY GOOD,Amen

USMC 77, USRA 79

I am in!!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alferd Packer View Post
    The last time man listened to his wife, he got tossed out of the Garden of Eden.
    Actually, Alferd, that was the FIRST time!

I agree with the statements above and have, at times, been guilty myself, but not most of the time.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    In this age many men have given up their responsibilities . We should be the provider , the protector , the spiritual leader of our families . Much scripture on the subject to lead and how to do it . I like the final declaration of a father in Joshua .

Joshua 24:15

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
    No turning back , No turning back !

"but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
    Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.