RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot and dry. aint even summer yet

Boolit Master

hot and dry. aint even summer yet

I know what the news is saying about heat, drought and fires this year but what's it like on the ground where you are?
    here at the edge of the smokies in Tennessee we had a week of rain and cool spell but that seems to be over, the ground is drying up and getting cracked looking again and got up to right about 90 or 91 here today. areas where the hay has not been cut yet the grasses are all brown and dead looking but some weeds are still thriving and my chestnut orchard is still dark green and healthy. it doesn't take too much time at 90 and no rain here for the forest to turn into a tinder box and trees start dropping leaves.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mid to upper 90's. About 5% humidity and dry, dry, dry. Under extreme drought conditions. Little snow this winter and even less rain this spring.

Boolit Buddy
    mid michigan, we are about 8" under average on rain, got about 1.5" rain last week helped a little. but we were not horrible dry yet. has been hot and humidity has been high

Super Moderator

Northern AZ here, exceptional drought and record high temps either tied or broken every day this week. Wildfires are burning all over the place, and it's smoky as all get out. Yeah, and it's not even summer yet.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Northern AZ here, exceptional drought and record high temps either tied or broken every day this week. Wildfires are burning all over the place, and it's smoky as all get out. Yeah, and it's not even summer yet.
    News keep talking about lake mead water levels and running out of water there and how many states get water from it, is it a issue there or are they pushing climate change issues, would like to hear from someone that lives there my trust in news channels is not high

Boolit Master
    Low 90’s, been raining every three days or so. Humidity is down to 60%, which is rare. Tolerable outside. Standard Arkansas Spring.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    It’s been over 100 here for several days, with a high yesterday of 109 here. Supposed to go through the weekend. I’ve been here 20 yrs, and haven’t seen heat this high for so long.

Boolit Master
    I remember the fires in Gatlinburg a few years back. The skies here in the Tri-Cities were brown many a day back then
    It was around then that me and Steve, my cross country bikepacking bike, headed off down Buffalo mountain to Rich Mountain to spend a few days navigating into North Carolina North of Asheville. We got up on the ridges and our usual water sources were completely dry. If you don't have water to filter, you don't ride.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master

113° today here in central California. Still 110° at 6:30PM

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master
    98F at 2,000 ft above the pacific. Woke up to smoke this morning, there's a 2,000 acre fire in the back country behind us. We've had campers burning their toilet paper. Some think it's safe to put their stoves on flammable grass. Whatever, it was hikers in the wilderness where chainsaws are not allowed to fight fires. Stupid!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Hot here in Sacramento. 110 and suppose to be >100 hot until Tuesday. I shoot on Tuesdays so a high of 85 sounds nice.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam20 View Post
    News keep talking about lake mead water levels and running out of water there and how many states get water from it, is it a issue there or are they pushing climate change issues, would like to hear from someone that lives there my trust in news channels is not high
    Go look at some of the photos of the current water level in Lake Meade. I've never seen it that low. I lived there in NLV from 1978-1983. At least the same amount of demand, and less input from upstream means the level will go down. OTH, they're always pushing climate change issues. I remember in the late 60's and early 70's when they were expecting a new Ice Age down here by about now. I've seen it documented in Popular Science and Popular Mechanics, back into the 1920's, btw. This ain't anything new. It kind of reminds me of sex. A new generation grows up, discovers it, and think nobody ever experienced it like them before.

Boolit Master
    Sitting next to Lake Superior and it has been about normal for rainfall. But it has been hotter than normal. Southern Minnesota is very dry, crops showing some stress last weekend.

Boolit Man

Here in SE North Carolina, God has given us a great week of beautiful weather- mid 60s at night, slow warm up through the days to about high 80s and avg 50% humidity. Last week, we had quite a bit of rain scattered throughout the week.
    I had lots of chores to try and catch up on after leaving the hospital. 3 weeks the grass hadn't been cut, coops needed cleaning and cleaning up inside the house as well.
    We've been blessed, for certain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Hot and humid here. Just sitting in the shade and the water runs off me. But supposed to be back close to normal next week.

We are usually mid teens to 20% for humidity. This week we were running from 106-111* and 30-40mph winds. I guess thats why they are still fighting a big forest fire right here. The wind hit it and it went from 2000 acres to 21,000 in about 6 hours. Been watching the sky cranes and slurry bombers from the house and its only June. Cant wait till August

Moderator Emeritus

We have been very lucky weather wise. Warm days are comfortable for me and decent rain. My home grown farming enterprise (some planting bags and my berry patch) plus some apple trees are doing great. Looks to be a bumper crop of wild raspberries, they are everywhere and full of mostly almost ripe fruit.

Banned

It's hit 100 every day this past week and we haven't had any rain in a while. After last year (five inches of rain daily for 366 days of the year) and almost that bad the previous two years, I'll take this.

Supposed to be a bit cooler next week, which is good.

Boolit Grand Master
    I think that once lake Meade gets to 35%, mandatory water restrictions go in place for AZ and CA. Means no outdoor lawn watering and no fountains in LV. Usually they just take water from lake Powell to keep it above that level, but Powell is in the same boat as well as other lakes above Powell. We have a lake East of me that they have "flushed the sandbars and the river" to help the river, but I think it was just to get water down to Meade, well that lake is about like Meade and about a third of normal. Three years ago it was full to the max.
    East side of the state, the Front Range, has had over normal amounts of rain, but go 200 miles West and its only a fraction of normal

Cool

Upper 90's this weekend, cool down to upper 80's on Mon/Tue with a fair chance of rain. Then back into the 90's. All pretty much normal...........it's Texas.............
    NRA Benefactor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast