Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 1980 Forster Trimmer Catalog

1980 Forster Trimmer Catalog

Man, I'm getting old. I bought this new, 41 years ago. Ouch. Have updated the Ol' Forster with a power adapter, though. Got tired of cranking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forster Trimmer Catalog 1980 IMG_0486.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	284695

Boolit Master
    Years ago, I bought a Herters trimmer, but it lacked a couple of the collets. I was able to get them from Forster, and they fit very well. I thought the Herters trimmers were made by Forster, but I was informed they weren't. Thinking back, it was probably around 40 years ago, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    Years ago, I bought a Herters trimmer, but it lacked a couple of the collets. I was able to get them from Forster, and they fit very well. I thought the Herters trimmers were made by Forster, but I was informed they weren't. Thinking back, it was probably around 40 years ago, too.
    I need a .452 pilot to trim my .45 Colt brass, and can't find one anywhere. Midway, eBay, Forster...all out or backordered.

I guess I'll put an order in at Forster and wait.

Boolit Master
    I had a similar situation regarding pilots. Fortunately, I worked as a machinist, at the time. so I made my own. Had I had some foresight at the time, I should have made extra ones.

Boolit Master

Ol George Herter was a great one to "knock off" other manufacturers production products. He was also good at advertising his products. Nearly everything he sold was either "the worlds best" or "world class". But his stuff was good and I have bought quite a bit of it over the years since the late 50's. I have both Forster and Herte's case trimmers and the collets and pilot parts will interchange. james

Quote Originally Posted by CastingFool View Post
    I had a similar situation regarding pilots. Fortunately, I worked as a machinist, at the time. so I made my own. Had I had some foresight at the time, I should have made extra ones.
    I'm still mad at my high school counselor who put me on the "college and career" path and barred me from taking the excellent high school shop classes. Today, I's like to weld, turn stuff on metal lathes and make stuff on a mill.

I'd turn one of these little guys out in a few minutes if I had a lathe....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty1776 View Post
    I'm still mad at my high school counselor who put me on the "college and career" path and barred me from taking the excellent high school shop classes. Today, I's like to weld, turn stuff on metal lathes and make stuff on a mill.

I'd turn one of these little guys out in a few minutes if I had a lathe....
    At least we had choices, I don't think they teach kids how to spell 'shop class' let alone have them today.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan