Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, June 18

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, June 18

Good morning all. Today's devotion speaks loud and clear. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, June 18, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    A Step in the Wrong Direction

“Now behold, two of them were traveling that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was seven miles from Jerusalem. And they talked together of all these things which had happened.”
    —Luke 24:13–14

The two disciples on the road to Emmaus still felt devastated by what they saw in Jerusalem. They had witnessed Jesus hanging on that cross, and they wanted to get away. They wanted to get away from the pain, away from the trauma.

We don’t know who these two were, but we do know that one of them was named Cleopas. At the empty tomb, Jesus had given this message to the women: “Don’t be afraid! Go tell my brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see me there” (Matthew 28:10 NLT).

But these two weren’t waiting in Galilee or hanging out in Jerusalem. They were just leaving town. And what was true of these first-century disciples is also true of us today: every step away from the cross is a step in the wrong direction.

When you’re feeling down, when you’re hurting, or when you’ve failed spiritually, that is not the time to walk away from the cross. That is the time to run to it.

Here’s the devil’s strategy. He’ll whisper something in your ear along the lines of, “Hey, you’re doing great spiritually. You’re awesome! Look at how much you read the Bible. Look at how strong you are. You don’t even need to go to church this week. You don’t need to pray. You’re good. You’re solid.”

But what he’s really saying to you is “stay away from the cross. Don’t go to the cross and repent of your sin.”

These are all lies. The devil will tell you to stay away from the cross while the Holy Spirit tells you to run to it. Go to the Father through Jesus Christ, and remember what He did for you. Ask Him to forgive you of your sin because, whether you realize it or not, you sin every day.

We always need to go to the cross.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, This is a daily prayer for me as I live in this fleshly body!

USMC 77, USRA 79

i love it!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Mold
    very good, Amen

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Yep . I have fallen for his lies just like everyone else . Makes you more mindful..or at least it should .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy
    Great stuff
    The Soldier that Volunteers, fighting for his Country and his rights,
    makes the most reliable Soldier on Earth.