Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nosy Neighbors

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I'd have told her, Oh, it's nothing to worry about . . . it's just our bi-weekly "swingers" get together."

Kind of reminds me when I was a kid and we all had "party lines" . . . we had one neighbor lady who must have spent the greater part of her day listening in on other's phone conversations. More than once I heard my Dad. when he finished up with a phone call, speak loudly into the phone, Did you get all of that Mrs. "X", or do you need me to write it all down for you?" It was a blessed day when we were finally able to get a private line.
    Had a party line when I was growing up. Old lady across the alley was ALWAYS listening so we staged a murder. Screaming in th ebackgound "I am going to kill you" fired a blank from a pistol, sound of a body hitting the floor and more screaming "you killed him".

Cops show up... no body, no blood.. hey where did you hear someone was killed here? X across the alley called it in. Oh really, how did she know? That is 200 feet away. Well she said she heard it on the phone... as we started laughing... cop caught on and said "You didn't!". He ticketed her for listening in on somebody else's phone call, plus the phone company went after her...

I can't see any other of the 4 houses on our farm from my house and the families inside share my last name. Locals call it " The Compound".
    I'm very big on private property rights and have met peddlers and non Baptists on my front porch with a casually held double barrel shotgun a few times -much to my wife's chagrin- as I calmly tell them about trespassing in Texas and politely ask them to leave.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Aren't neighbors great? I've got one neighbor lady who called the city about "Unauthorized construction and excavation in a riparian zone". And left the same note by the creek/irrigation ditch for us to see, big capital letters and exclamation points, also saying "I'VE TURNED YOU IN TO THE CITY!!!"
    That prompted a trip down to the city hall explaining it was two boys, 7 and 10, playing in the creek and doing what boys do. They said "Yeah, we know. We've been out an looked at the complaint. Don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong, I hope your boys are having fun."
    "Well, you'd better go back out and calm her down before she says something to my wife, or you'll have a bigger problem to solve". They must have, that was 20 years ago and the lady still won't look at me.
    She did, however, tell my wife we need to build a fence, the deer keep coming from our yard into hers and eating her flowers. Now she won't talk to my wife either.
    Sometimes life turns out OK.

Moderator Emeritus

I love all my nosy Neighbors.
    I live alone and they keep an eye out for strangers and/or, if I hurt myself and need help.
    Last time I was up on the roof, cleaning my chimney, I noticed a couple of my "Gladys Kravitz" neighbors watching me, LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    This whole thread reminded me of our party line when I was young. There was a "Marlene" that listened in on all of the calls - to this day my family calls gossip "Marlene".

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I live in Kommiefornia and almost all of my neighbors are illegal aliens. They keep to themselves.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    country gent
    Do you not have a shotgun? A 12ga with a load of #8 shot will fix a nosy drone. Unfortunately nosy neighbors can't be dealt with that way.
    While I really DO NOT like “drones” that is TERRIBLE advice. The FAA has decided that “drones” are aircraft and shooting at them is no different than shooting at a manned aircraft.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    Nice to not have neighbors.
    Sure is.

Boolit Master
    I read the title wrong, was thinking noisey neighbors, yeah, I guess I'm the noisey neighbor shooting out back all time. but fortunately don't have nosy neighbors.
    aint hardly nobody ever come down the driveway unless they are invited. guess with the noisey neighbor stuff they know they might just get shot if they come around and up to no good. really good neighbors are not easy to come by these days and the few good neighbors I do have are treasured and we all look out for and help one another all the time.

Boolit Master
    I'm 80 now. I'm no shrink but over the years I've watched several snoops up close. I've come to the conclusion that, as a group, they are usually (1) snotty people who have few or no friends, even within their families. Therefore, they (2) spend much of their time trying to get some shreds of dirt on others so they can repeat it (gossip) and be self important for a few days.

All that used to make me angry. Now it just makes me sad that their empty lives only have brief scraps of importance when trying to stir up troubles by attempting to destroy the reputations and relationships of their betters.

Boolit Grand Master

I guess I'm lucky. I've got great neighbors. We watch out for each other, watch each others places if someone is away, ect. I have farm land behind our house so there are no neighbors to the back and our lots are fairly large and the houses are away from the lot lines, so noise is not a problem.

Boolit Master
    Jeez, a guy can't even pee off the deck anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Agree with Rich. My neighbors are all 4 legged.
    Yelp me too ....... but a couple nights ago i had about a 1,200 pound 10ft harry one with 4 legs , big teeth and claws stalking around my house lol .... i ran him back to the woods with fly swatter though !!!!! Ha!ha

Boolit Master
    Another nosy neighbor once told my wife she heard we were getting divorced. Been married 37 years. Wife came in and told me about the neighbor. Where the heck do these people come up with this stuff??. And this nosy neighbor is a completely different one from the last. Sometimes you really have to wonder. Frank

Boolit Master
    Well if you can't shoot at an unoccupied piece of machinery, then call the FAA and report someone is flying their aircraft below the legal limit over occupied areas. In believe the lower limit for flight over occupied areas is 500 feet.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I can't see any other of the 4 houses on our farm from my house and the families inside share my last name. Locals call it " The Compound".
    I'm very big on private property rights and have met peddlers and non Baptists on my front porch with a casually held double barrel shotgun a few times -much to my wife's chagrin- as I calmly tell them about trespassing in Texas and politely ask them to leave.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    You are completely within your right as a landowner to ask people to leave, but don't you think that is a rather ****ty attitude to have? If I were a random person who simply wanted to chat, you would tell me to leave without so much of a hello? Maybe in Texas things a different, but where I'm from visitors are rare, and everyone is welcome. I realize Texas is far more populated then where I've lived, so maybe someone shows up every week where you are.

Moderator Emeritus

I don't want to offend a religious group, but I guess you have not had the pleasure of CONSTANT interruptions by one group that goes door to door. The first dozen times you are polite but after telling each group to please not stop by, it gets old. That occurred awhile back as where I live now I have zero issues.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    for those of you that are bothered by drones . . . isn't "drone" the same thing as a clay pigeon?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    While I really DO NOT like “drones” that is TERRIBLE advice. The FAA has decided that “drones” are aircraft and shooting at them is no different than shooting at a manned aircraft.
    How's anybody gonna know? The drone just stops working and doesn't come back to the owner.

Nearest dwelling to me is more than a half mile away and I can't see any of them through the woods. If a drone is hovering over my place, I'm going to assume someone is watching me, likely to do me harm and I will take appropriate action, some of those 3 1/2 inch goose loads should do it.

WOW! I have forgotten what is like to live in the burbs. Very few full time neighbors around me. the ones that are close (25 acres away) are down in a valley and we can't see each other. The neighbor across the creek is John Linebaugh, he's the kind of neighbor I like!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast