Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, June 17

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, June 17

Good morning all. Thank you Lord Christ Jesus for Your presence in my life. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    His Comforting Presence

“Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.”
    —Mark 16:9

If I were Jesus rising from the dead, the first person I would have appeared to was Pontius Pilate: “Hey, Pilate, how’s it going? By the way, you can’t keep a good man down.”

Or, I would have appeared to Caiaphas, the high priest who played a hand in the crucifixion of our Lord.

But Jesus didn’t appear to any of those people. The first person to actually see Him after the Resurrection was Mary Magdalene.

Mary Magdalene was first at the tomb and last at the cross. When all the courageous men were hiding, she stood at the cross along with Mary, the mother of our Lord, and others. And then she was at the tomb to anoint his body.

So God rewarded Mary Magdalene for her faithfulness and persistence. God says in His Word, “And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV).

After Jesus appeared to Mary Magdalene, He then made an appearance to what seemed to be two random people on the Emmaus Road. And not only did He appear to them, but He had an extended conversation with them.

Mark 16:12 tells us that Jesus “appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country” (NKJV). We don’t really know what “another form” means, but we do know that Jesus was unrecognizable to them at the moment.

Remember, the last sight they had of Jesus was His beaten and bloodied body. He was virtually unrecognizable. The last thing they ever expected was to see Him alive again, so at that moment, it didn’t occur to them that they were walking with Jesus.

Jesus was walking with them, but they didn’t know it. And He’s walking with you as well.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

And "two of them" means two of the disciples, not 'random people'. Not necessarily two of the 12, although that is possible, but two of the followers. To be a disciple is to learn, to be teachable. Discipline is to teach in it's first meaning. So he appeared to two of the learners, and they certainly were teachable!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, Christ appeared to me spiritually and drew me to Himself and saved me from my sin!

Boolit Mold
    very good, Amen

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Good lesson for thought . I enjoyed Wayne's comment .
    No turning back , No turning back !