Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welp, this will be interesting!

Boolit Master
    Is that a civilian PowerWagon on a late model Ram frame?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Drew . . . . again . . . I'm not being critical or judgmental. If you can make good money on your vehicles then more power to you . . . anything above what you have in them is "pure cream" and just that much more to help secure what you want to do.

There is no doubt that there is no better time than now to sell reloading things - all one has to do is look at the craziness on fleabay. If it was me . . . I would piecemeal it out - but I'm retired and my time is my own and with the present situation as it is - I would think that you would get the greatest return on it that way. If you go other routes - only you can decide if what offers you get are acceptable to you - along with any time constraints you may have with your work, time frame, etc.

I have been the Trustee for several estates and responsible for the liquidation of the real estate and personal property - and if I understand your plans correctly, you are pretty much liquidating your personal property to make the changes in your life that you want to do - so basically you are liquidating and turning most of your assets to cash for doing what you want to do. Those things take time and a lot of work - if you have no time restraints, then it will allow you to work at getting the most you can and when you are done, take the next step.

You only go through life once and you obviously have given this a lot of thought. You know what you need to make it work and however you decide works best for you - if you make good money on the things you are letting go of - good for you- and if there are some things that you don't - it will probably all average out. When you done what you need to do to be able to do what you want to - move forward and never look back with regrets - enjoy the fact that you have been able to live your dream and enjoy a new adventure every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Anyone wanna buy a truck?
    this truck is dandy !
    on the midlife crisis light side, I remember a fifty year old listing the benefits of the then new blue-pills. an old R.O. replied that the best medicine was a new girlfriend instead.
    if decided to sell, with the proceeds I would recommend two of the those new gf, if motivated poole dancerseven better
    boats can wait: the Wikings set them on fire for their last trip. alone_
    Last edited by wilecoyote; 06-18-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Rethink!

A Build it yourself.
    B Find one that is in poor shape and strip and refit it. (Probably take a few years but has the advantage that the requirement for funds can be spread out over time.
    C think smaller and move the reloading room and a few guns onto the boat. Change what you think you need. You don't need a super big self everything sailing boat.
    Cut it down do what you a single person need. So instead of a million dollar estate you could get by with an 8x34 foot trailer in reasonable condition. You will want some solar, probably a generator.

You want the basics to be pretty much self sufficient for weeks at sea. Just need water, food stocks and fuel.

On the other side of the coin you may want to think a little bit bigger so you can have a second person on board. Someone to be on watch while you sleep. Someone to share the work. Possibly someone to share some of the start up costs.

Think it out, start with an outline. Things needed for life. Break them down into smaller tree's and attack each one until you find the best solution.

If it was me I'd be looking at a Catamaran. Much more stable Less roll along with the pitch, less seasick. Also less space below.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Moderator Emeritus

If you want to sail do it while you are still young enough. If you are going solo, don't go on deck without being tied off. Not a bad rule even if you're partnered. Don't take anything that will require care that you cannot personally give, ie pets.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

ADMIN

to make the most money you would need to sell the items mostly individually.
    Some items could be sold as a "lot" as some of them go together and aren't that expensive.

You could just list it up as a entire "lot" but you would not make as much money as a buyer would be most likely buying it to either flip it and make profit, or buying it to get a couple select pieces then selling the rest.

Either way don't do any sales in this thread as this isn't S&S.
    Also don't ask for pricing as most your items are common items which can be found daily here in S&S, on Ebay, or Gunbroker.

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Is that a civilian PowerWagon on a late model Ram frame?
    It’s actually a 1941 war truck they called them WC then they became power wagon after ww2 with a s,isn’t,y different nose shape. This one retains its original frame, which has been boxed and placed on late model Cummins axles and complete drivetrain. It can bark off all 4 tires on dry pavement.

Back to the post. yes all great points and these will be taken into advisement. I will probably piece out the good stuff and then sell the remainder in a lot once ready. Keep eyes peeled in the S&S section. Thanks for all your thoughts. I have much consideration to do.

Boolit Master
    Good luck whatever you choose.

The possessions we have are worth far less than the experiences we have. Sell your stuff. Sail around. Come back with a mountain of memories. You'll be pleased that you don't have that regret.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

[QUOTE= Take someone with you and don't sell it all.[/QUOTE]

yeah do this what you want now will be different in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    Thanks for the kind advice fellas. Yes, my head is swimming with these very thoughts. No, I don’t have a backup plan, but I just made my last house payment so I’m sitting on some prime, yet humble, real estate that I recently realized is worth some good coin on one condition, that I don’t live here! So, moving is imperative. But where? I have some ideas. But raising capital and reducing possessions seems like a no brainer for this wacky plan, for several reasons. Not the least of which is a mental “reset”. I’m honestly not shooting as much as I used to these days and while I still love the hobby, it’s difficult for me to use ammo as fast as I can make it. I’d like to get into precision shooting someday but until I have a convenient place to do that it won’t happen. And besides, the neat thing about reloading stuff is that it loses so little value! So, it’s all replaceable and buying stuff is fun anyway. Trust me, I’ve been having a BALL selling my stock of old primers lately nothing like a 10x increase in value to put a smile on your face. I’ll probably piece this stuff out for the most part because yes it’s worth the effort to do so. Im no stranger to eBay selling, although they don’t allow some of this stuff it seems.

How about renting out house and have it professional manged then you can still come back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12